Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 sighting at Santa Cruz Boardwalk...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
So the GF and I went to Santa Cruz to visit my sister for the weekend and since neither of us had been to the boardwalk for years, we took a stroll through. In Neptunes Kingdom (sort of arcade/mini golf place) they have a lot of vintage vending machines, sort of like the ones that dispense bball cards, but in this one, it had "sports cars" of the day, and wouldnt you know one of the ~15 cars listed as possible "wins"??

Click to view attachment

Our very own 914...sorry for the crappy pic, my phone has a shutter problem but i wanted a pic of it.

Each card had a breif description of the car, and I didn't get all of the 914 except the first line read "The first large volume, mid-engined sports car."

the 911 was right below it along with other sports cars from the day.

Pretty neat smilie_pokal.gif

Sleepin
One of those cards went up for the Toys-For-Tots silent auction at the Rt66 '08 Ramble. Kind of a cool little card.
biosurfer1
well, if you have enough time and tokens, you can get one too. I would have jumped on it but I didn't want to get stuck buying 15 cards to get to the one I really wanted.
Sleepin
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jul 28 2008, 03:40 PM) *

well, if you have enough time and tokens, you can get one too. I would have jumped on it but I didn't want to get stuck buying 15 cards to get to the one I really wanted.

..the card was mine...... biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
I've owned 3 out of the eight cars pictured. biggrin.gif
Sleepin
I have owned 2.....almost 3....
Justinp71
Finally the 914 is getting some recognition.... blink.gif
Jenny
I saw that about 6 years ago, and I have 8 of those cards. Guess how many are 914s? Yep. None. headbang.gif

-Jen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.