Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who wants a 914 replica / kit car ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
just seen on an other 914 forum ...

link

davep
barf.gif What were they thinking?
r_towle
is that all fiberglass?
What is the chassis?

Rich
RJMII
Anyone want to translate the link?

Looks like Portuguese.
So.Cal.914
[3 Photos]

Click on photo to enlarge

Fixed Price: $ 2,300

Vendor: BRAVOMEC (0)
Points of the seller: 0
0% qualifications positive (0% negative)
See the vehicles of the seller

Phone: (011) 22694259

Terminate in: 4d 4h (01/08/2008 18:05)

Visits: 950

Fixed Price: $

Follow this produtoEnviar this link Avoid make transfers not allow the identification of identity
the seller.
Be special attention if the vehicle is outside their country.
Review when the ownership of the vehicle documentation.

Description: Replica Porsche 914
Guarantee: No guarantee

BOLHA IN FIBERGLASS

PLATFORM FOR DE Vw

FAROIS ESCAMOTEƁVEIS

ONLY THE BOLHA

PLATFORM WITHOUT DOC

TIRE EFETUAR YOUR QUESTIONS BEFORE THE PURCHASE FOR NOT NEGATIVADO.

Ways to Pay

Data from Payment:

You can pay with: The combine

Questions: 1 to 5 of 5
Questions to the seller Loading all the questions ... See all questions

21/07/2008 22:26 good night if you need to carry their truck platform vehicle please contact www.premiumt.com.br PREMIU ... (0)
23/07/2008 20:12 thanks.

19/07/2008 19:32 liked it SOU OF BELO HORIZONTE QUERO KNOW AND FOR CARGO FICA The ETA HERE, AND ALSO FOR THE CITY OF WHERE ARCOS EU MONTARIA ALS. contact homerojr arroba uai.com.br you ZORRO10 ... (346)
20/07/2008 18:51'll estimated the freight to your city, do I cantato until final week, thanks.

13/07/2008 10:25 good day .... cn note is the fiber? ..... it is mounted on chassis which ... I pass more details via email, it is better to talk .... I look at ... sds PHERNAN.C ... (17)
20/07/2008 18:49 providenciarei more photos by the end of the week, I note the fiber, chassis and brasilia, but has no doc.

12/07/2008 17:21 good afternoon ... you would have more photos? I pass + details and photos .... doglaophernandes@hotmail.com ... sds PHERNAN.C ... (17)
12/07/2008 18:11 good afternoon, when I have more photos, this vehicle and well exclusive, noticias not have the same no other, made for platform for vw, it is worth it assembles the exclusivity.

03/07/2008 23:27 where it is so I can take a look? Thank you. TELEI ... (27)
04/07/2008 18:46 you are in Extreme MG, 110 KM of Brazil. BUT SHOULD I TRANSPORTA-LA SP.EM FOR SOME DAYS.

See all questions

ComprarProduto: # 76847633

Replica Porsche 914
Fixed Price: $ 2,300
Telephone:

(011) 22694259
Fixed Price: $ 2300.00

How to Buy?
To purchase is necessary to be registered. Sign up now, is free.
Important
-- All and firm offers are generate a
between the parties.
-- MercadoLivre not charge commissions on their purchases.
Useful information
dw914er
so is this supposed to be a 914, or some other car with a '914' body?

that rear is hideous btw
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(dw914er @ Jul 28 2008, 11:14 AM) *

that rear is hideous btw

Hideous?

How Kind.
dw914er
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jul 28 2008, 11:21 AM) *

QUOTE(dw914er @ Jul 28 2008, 11:14 AM) *

that rear is hideous btw

Hideous?

How Kind.

i had to tone it down since im not in the sandbox lol

but it involves icon8.gif barf.gif
Sleepin
Kinda cool actually. Buy it, fix it up and then you could have the only 914 kit car in existence.
SirAndy
All fiberglass shell on a VW Bug frame ...

IMHO, whoever did this actually put a whole lot of work into it. I don't think it looks that bad. They got the lines right, for the most part ...
bye1.gif Andy
RJMII
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 28 2008, 05:14 PM) *

All fiberglass shell on a VW Bug frame ...

IMHO, whoever did this actually put a whole lot of work into it. I don't think it looks that bad. They got the lines right, for the most part ...
bye1.gif Andy

agree.gif

It looks like they turned it into a tail dragger... the back wall behind where the seats would go looks funny.

I wonder how the engine sits, what it looks like under the deck lid and front trunk lid.

The back end looks like it needs smoothed over and cleaned up a little. I wonder what it would look like finished.
melnyk
lifted up ready for the offroad driving.gif
DBCooper
It's on a VW Brasilia (look it up) chassis, so it's rear engined.
SirAndy
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 28 2008, 04:44 PM) *

And the Brasilia used a BUG chassis. The body is a 412 frontend and a Variant backend ...
shades.gif Andy
scotty
Perfect for an electric conversion! confused24.gif
Hammy
Body looks pretty well done to me, 'cept the rear. My only question is ... why?
Sleepin
hmmm, it could be passed off as a prototype...
Katmanken
Obviously your translator is broken.....

The correct translation of the description is as follows:

IT BUBBLES IN FIBERGLASS

FOR PLATFORM OF Vw

YOU WERE PILFERING LIGHTHOUSES

THE BLISTER ONLY

PLATFORM WITHOUT DOC

TAKE AWAY HIS DOUBTS BEFORE EFFECTUATING THE PURCHASE, NOT TO BE NEGATIVADO.

Ken
scotty b
BRILLIANT !!

Make a kit car of a car that is a kit car donor wacko.gif
URY914
Keep it away from open flames.
Krieger
The price is listed as 2,300 that Brazillian Rubles or whatever probably 79 dollars. Anyone know?
RJMII
American Dollar 0.63484 1.5752 (exchange rate jul 28, 2008)

2300 Brazillian Real = 1,460.13 USD
Scott S
I totally dig it. If I was some gazillionaire I would have it in a second. I would finish it up on a bug chasis, figure out some sort of interior, but leave the exterior as is - including the scirocco tail lights. That thing needs to end up on the grass (or at least in the paddock at a PCA parade. I love the fact that is just not quite right. I would love to sit in the shadows and listen to the discussions that would happen....

IronHillRestorations
I like the left front wheel!

Maybe it's a rare Brazillian prototype pieceacrap version that Porsche shipped down to the boys in Brazil???

Look at it this way, if someone actually wants a 914 kit for another chassis, just think what a REAL 914 must be worth!!! We're all gonna be RICH!!!
ericread
QUOTE(kwales @ Jul 28 2008, 06:25 PM) *

Obviously your translator is broken.....

The correct translation of the description is as follows:

IT BUBBLES IN FIBERGLASS

FOR PLATFORM OF Vw

YOU WERE PILFERING LIGHTHOUSES

THE BLISTER ONLY

PLATFORM WITHOUT DOC

TAKE AWAY HIS DOUBTS BEFORE EFFECTUATING THE PURCHASE, NOT TO BE NEGATIVADO.

Ken

Ok, Thanks - Now it makes sense... screwy.gif

laugh.gif
jonferns
Group buy? laugh.gif
morph
being a composites person, i have to say that this took allot of effort to make this and the body is not to far off. there are much worse body kits out there barf.gif
but why? why a 914 i ask sad.gif
james
DBCooper
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 28 2008, 05:47 PM) *

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 28 2008, 04:44 PM) *

And the Brasilia used a BUG hhassis. The body is a 412 frontend and a Variant backend ...
shades.gif Andy

Actually I think the Brasilia pan was a funny variation of the T3/Karmann Ghia, wider further forward and not interchangeable with the bug. The front and rear ends weren't Variant or 412 either, they were unique to the Brasilia. The styling direction was similar but they had lots less overhang, definitely different lines when you look close, and were exclusively brasilian. I never had one myself but my father-in-law did. It's different in the way the brasilian Fox (called the "Voyage" in Brasil) was to the Jetta and the brasilian Gol was to the German Rabbit or Golf. Same general style and it may not seem like much, but the Brasilians were pretty proud that they were different.

By the way, did you know that the brasilian Gol had the VW aircooled flat four in the front, driving the same bug transaxle? Now THAT was cool! shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 29 2008, 02:55 PM) *

Actually I think the Brasilia pan was a funny variation of the T3/Karmann Ghia, wider further forward and not interchangeable with the bug. The front and rear ends weren't Variant or 412 either, they were unique to the Brasilia. The styling direction was similar but they had lots less overhang, definitely different lines when you look close, and were exclusively brasilian. I never had one myself but my father-in-law did. It's different in the way the brasilian Fox (called the "Voyage" in Brasil) was to the Jetta and the brasilian Gol was to the German Rabbit or Golf. Same general style and it may not seem like much, but the Brasilians were pretty proud that they were different.

"The Brasilia (named after Brazil's capital city) looked like a three-door version of Volkswagen 412 Station Wagon, but was in fact based on Volkswagen Beetle."

"The front of the car was the same as the German 412, and the back resembled a scaled down Brazilian Variant."

Bug pan, 412 front end, Variant parts used for the rear ...
bye1.gif Andy
DBCooper
Don't mean to beat this to death, but I think the Brasila's a good looking car. I don't think that of the 411/412. The styling is similar, but the parts aren't interchangeable, and if you look closely they look subtly different. To me, anyway. What do you think?

VW 412E front:

IPB Image

Brasilia front:

IPB Image

The headlight surrounds look very similar, but if you see them up close it's obviouls they're different.

Brasilia rear (sorry couldn't find a better photo):
IPB Image

VW 412 Variant rear:

IPB Image

It's a much shorter and lighter overall car too. Brasilia side view (ditto the bad photo):
IPB Image

I can't find anything to support it, but I know the Brasilia had a different chassis. Do you know the Puma cars? Until the late 70's they were built on Karmann Ghia chassis, and when VW discontinued the KG in Brasil Puma switched from the KG chassis to the Brasilia. The Brasilia chassis was similar to the KG in that the pans were wider and extended farther forward wider than the T1 pans. It's the same for the U.S. chassis for those cars here, you can't weld T1 pans into a KG, you need special KG pans. Similar, but not the same.

Other thing, the Brasilia didn't use a pancake motor, it was an upright T1 with a very short shroud so the car didn't have a low station wagon style rear deck.

Here, found something: www.geocities.com/vw_brasilia/historiabras.htm, where it says in translation "With hands at work, the first difficulty, soon overcame, the choice of the plataform, that should be the one from the Beetle. But as it was too narrow, providing few inner room, they tried a Ghia Type 1 size-similar chassis, that was perfectly suitable."

Read some more of that article, lots more comprehensive than Wikipedia and comes from the source.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.