Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Good News Today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I just talked to the shop in LA that has my blue car. This motor is back together and bolted in the car again. It doesn't look the same. The shroud and associated pieces are now silver.
IPB Image

more pics can be seen at Sean's 914 stuff
Jeroen
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Gint
Good news!

Hop on a plane and come out to Dunkle's. You can obviously afford it. wink.gif laugh.gif beer.gif
seanery
I WISH I could afford it.
It's not drivable yet. Not wired or plumbed. Just bolted in.
drew365
What shop is it in? Maybe a few of us could stop by and drool on it for you!
seanery
Precision Tech in Marina Del Rey. The complex is being torn down in a couple months to make way for big $ high rise condos. So he's trying to get as many cars done before he has to move.
Eddie914
How much power do you expect from that beautiful motor?

40IDA 3C Webers?

Droool!

Eddie
seanery
yes those are the ones.
210 is the hope/dream. We'll see how it did when I get it back here and on a dyno. It'll be interesting to see how it compares against a stock 3.2.
Eddie914
The '71 914 I recently acquired has a 2.7 with 40IDA Webers and Bursch headers.

How much power do you think the 2.7 has?

The PO (previous owner) bought the 2.7 in the early '90's with the Webers already installed and is not sure of the internals. So, I have got to assume that the motor has stock pistons and cams.

Is there any way to determine the piston and cam setup with the engine still in the car?

How about a compression test?

How much compression should 2.7 CIS pistons produce? IIRC Compression Ratio is 8.5:1

How much compression will the RS piston produce? Compression Ratio of 10.5:1?

Thanks

Eddie
seanery
Eddie, I'm sorry, but I don't have the info you need.
The CIS cams are really mild, my motor has been fitted with S cams and RS pistons. There is a bit of compression increase, but I'm not sure what stock pistons are. The heads were ported, too. I didn't do the work, my shop in LA did all the work putting it together. When this project was started I lived on a boat (no garage) and was working 75 hr weeks, so money was easier to come by than time. If I were doing it now, I'd do much more of the work myself.
J P Stein
The RS spec piston is also 8.5:1.

To see what pistons are there, a bore scope thru the spark plug hole.
For cams, check the lift at a valve........there are "some" tools required wink.gif

The stock 2.7L hp were between 150 and 175 hp, depending on year/model. Most 2.7s were the 165 hp S model (75-77). Headers & Webers will definitley add 10 hp to these. More costs money, but is fairly easy, partswise.
Doug Leggins
200+ hp wub.gif

you bringing the blue car to Indy?
seanery
yessir! need a bigger garage!
Doug Leggins
Would really like to see the blue one. I've never had the op to check out a six very well.

Prolly get a look, get hooked and then add to the project list - lol
seanery
That's ok, the one your doing now will work nicely (as a 6)!

BTW, whitey is gonna be a -6, too (a 3.2 from Boxstr).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.