Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Minnesota get together.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
akellym
Ok just go off the phone with Rick. We are going to have a gathering on the 9th of August. We just haven’t decided if we are going to meet somewhere and dine out or grill at my place.
rick 918-S
What about that place you mentioned last week with the twisties. I may drive the Beetle down.
lotus_65
see you all there, where ever it is.
akellym
Do you mean Lanesboro? They even have a German place to eat, Das Wurst Haus. I have know Idea if it's any good, but Lanesboro is a really cool town.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Lanesbor...0:::::f:EN:M:/e

Click to view attachment
iamchappy
Time out for fun!......
lotus_65
i have a book (it's small) of great driving roads in mn, that one stood out as i read it. i've been looking forward to running that for a while.

btw- i didn't want to post in his thread, but after talking with chappy, he still sounds cautious, but solidly more optimistic than recent months!

...could be happening for him. cool.gif
beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Jul 28 2008, 07:28 PM) *

i have a book (it's small) of great driving roads in mn, that one stood out as i read it. i've been looking forward to running that for a while.

btw- i didn't want to post in his thread, but after talking with chappy, he still sounds cautious, but solidly more optimistic than recent months!

...could be happening for him. cool.gif
beerchug.gif

Cool! Let's send out some pm's to possible attendees and get some interest. Lanesboro it is.

Now: where to meet? and where to end up? Anyone want to scout a meeting location?

It's short notice but its' all I can commit to these days.

BTW: fingers crossed for chappy.
rick 918-S
Holy crap! I just checked my map. 275 miles one way. In the Beetle? I'm not sure about that one. I may need trailer the thing with the Mothership.
akellym
Rick you can trailer to my place if you like.
Chuck
I'm a maybe. The teener won't be seeing roads anytime soon but I might be able to make it just to see everyone.
rick 918-S
OK, no action on this post. I'm thinking Lanesboro may be too far for a short day event. How about lets either find someplace to hang out and bench race or go to Kellys' place again for some BBQ.

Come on, lets bounce this around the room a couple times.

BTW: I talked to Bill last night. His internet is down. He'll check in when he up and running.
ottox914
9th could work for me... gotta work on Mrs me to see if she'd want to come along or give me a day pass.

Lanesboro- the roads around there look cool, but thats 200 miles each way for me. Too far south. I'm about 2 hrs from stillwater, mn. Can we find something north and east of the cities? We could have a nice cruze up hwy 95 from stillwater to taylors falls, and there is some good eats in stillwater, although traffic would be an issue on a weekend. I expect our Duluth, MN member would be a little happier with north and east also.

Shoot, if we wanted to we could have it at my place in Rice Lake, WI. We could all go have a spin (not literally) on north long lake road...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Jul 29 2008, 08:14 PM) *

9th could work for me... gotta work on Mrs me to see if she'd want to come along or give me a day pass.

Lanesboro- the roads around there look cool, but thats 200 miles each way for me. Too far south. I'm about 2 hrs from stillwater, mn. Can we find something north and east of the cities? We could have a nice cruze up hwy 95 from stillwater to taylors falls, and there is some good eats in stillwater, although traffic would be an issue on a weekend. I expect our Duluth, MN member would be a little happier with north and east also.

Shoot, if we wanted to we could have it at my place in Rice Lake, WI. We could all go have a spin (not literally) on north long lake road...

I'm thinking Rice Lake isn't too bad... idea.gif

103 miles of two lane hwy in the Beetle is much better for me. Face it, I won't have the engine done for the Alien by then and I get over 30 MPG in the Beetle.

Anyone think this is a bad idea?

Sandy is coming with me so you better bring your wifes. (not you Kelly) biggrin.gif

Maybe Rice Lake to Stillwater?

I'm too tired to think about this. I drove over 500 miles of two lane black top again today. screwy.gif
rick 918-S
WTF.gif icon_bump.gif idea.gif shades.gif screwy.gif laugh.gif
rick 918-S
parry.gif whistle[1].gif yawn.gif hide.gif
spare time toys
I remember the rice lake area from when I was a kid. Nice ... I wish we flew up there I would come up and ride along with some one.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Jul 30 2008, 02:49 PM) *

I remember the rice lake area from when I was a kid. Nice ... I wish we flew up there I would come up and ride along with some one.

Hi Larry! bye1.gif
wbergtho

Ditto...I think Stillwater would be a great little historic town to meet at. It is extremely close to me...but I don't mind driving a few miles (ask Chappy). If it were to take place at Kelly's...I'd be game for that too. I live right on the other side of the St Croix River from Stillwater. If everyone wanted to assemble at my house...have some BBQ grill action (maybe some Thai food if the wife is available...and then a cruise across the river into stillwater and north to Taylor Falls. Not a bad idea. I guess I'm open to anything. If we wind up in Rice Lake...I'll stop by my parents for a quick minute...they live there (nice WI town). Let me know if you want me to host. I've done it in the past...but only 2 other 914's showed up. I'd like a little better turnout than that. Comon guys...twist the wife's arm, get a baby sitter, put off that yard project for another weekend! Let's get at least a dozen 914 guys together and make a respectable summer day out of this thing. Any WI, IL, ND, SD, MN people out there ready to have a little fun?

Bill (I'd be happy to host)
rick 918-S
Ok, Kelly and I were talking tonight and decided this place should be fun. http://www.spacealiens.com/menus/appetizers.php

It's in Blaine. About 150 miles for me so I don't want to hear any whinning. biggrin.gif

Same date, I think there's an indoor go cart track around there someplace. Or we'll find some neighborhood to terrorize. aktion035.gif driving.gif av-943.gif mufflers optional
rick 918-S
Everyone still up for this? Who's in? idea.gif
lotus_65
my engine just started making a very bad noise...

i'll have to go from "for sure" to "probably".
rick 918-S
Sorry guy, I just got dumped on. I'll be working all weekend and for the rest of my sorry life the way things seem to be going. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.