Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I cannot keep it up anymore
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trevorg7
How the heck do I keep the passenger side visor up?

Thanks

T
r_towle
tighten the philips head screw near the middle post.
I can see the screw in that picture...its on the visor...
Rich
Borderline
Sounds like a personal problem to me. There is one thing I can suggest. Once you get it up and want to keep it up, don't fuch with it! biggrin.gif

914helo
Be careful though. If you get it to stay up for more than 2 hours you should probably see a doctor. happy11.gif
Dr Evil
4 hours, not 2 hrs. 2 hrs is great and normal for many of us
Justinp71
I wonder why the passenger side has more problems than the drivers side... Could it be the mirror?

neo914-6
QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Jul 28 2008, 08:34 PM) *

How the heck do I keep the passenger side visor up?

Thanks

T

the passenger side torsion bar must be out of adjustment, you will need to screw the adjuster counter...

opps wrong thread laugh.gif
balljoint
Yep, tighten those screws, but you may want to pull the plastic pins and clean them and then add some loctite to the screws.
Trevorg7
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 28 2008, 08:35 PM) *

tighten the philips head screw near the middle post.
I can see the screw in that picture...its on the visor...
Rich

So I tried screwing but its still limp biggrin.gif could not resist.

I am guessing the center holder is worn out? The bar from the visor going into the center holder has ridges which I guess correspond with ridges within the receptacle, true?

T
TravisNeff
center or side piece. Mine did the same thing - replacing the side clip was the trick
jt914-6
The outside and center plastic holders do have grooves in them as does the chrome pins that go in them. If the pins move in the holder, no matter how tight you tighten the screw on the visor it will not stay up. First thing is to secure the pins in the holders so they don't rotate. If worn out, epoxy them in as they do not move. The tension is adjusted on the phillips screw on the visor. Tighten it up enough so that the visor stays up but is not so tight that is is hard to move.
Trevorg7
Well I finally got this fixed. Had to go see a Doctor however. Dr. Evil took the pins out of either end, placed them in the corresponding holders then mounted the visor to the pins. It is great now.

So, nothing to do with how tight the screws are - believe me, or ask Dr. Evil, I had them tight. More to do with the depth of the pins in the holders.

T
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Jul 28 2008, 11:00 PM) *

I wonder why the passenger side has more problems than the drivers side... Could it be the mirror?

No,it's the passenger. Man, will I get heat from this!

Think abaout it - why did they put that thing where it is? Do you adjust your eyeliner with it? Do you check out your eyelashes with it? Nope, it's on th "female" side of the car. Guess why it's worn out? Up & down. Up & down.

Can't believe mine still works!
zambezi
QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Oct 27 2008, 07:11 PM) *

Well I finally got this fixed. Had to go see a Doctor however. Dr. Evil took the pins out of either end, placed them in the corresponding holders then mounted the visor to the pins. It is great now.

So, nothing to do with how tight the screws are - believe me, or ask Dr. Evil, I had them tight. More to do with the depth of the pins in the holders.

T

So if I get this right its not how well you screw but how deep its inserted?

av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.