Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New projects are fun :D
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So I am just waiting for the JB weld to cure and need to get a nut plate from Engman before I can do some. However, here are my new projects I am very excited about.

Well, I should start by thanking a few people for their help and their parts.:

Jeff Hines.... continuing support and stuff
Jonathan Reiss, Hwgunner, for my Tarret bar and Elephant front bushings
JWest.... for the new P-valve, fuse panel, fog flash
Eric Shea... Rear control arms with 911 ebrake and M calis and Elephant bushing. (Well, I'm still waiting to get these but Eric is working on getting them here soon biggrin.gif )

Oh, and a shout out to these guys as they REALLY are awsome guys to buy stuff from. They all stand behind their products and their work.
championgt1
Jon, cool stuff. I thought with the title of this thread it was going to be a picture of your daughter. biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Na, she has neat toys but all she does right now is eat sleep and poop.
Eric_Shea
Can I add a picture? biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Thanks for the props Jon. We're just waiting on the plater.
Chuck
Hate to hijack but . . . Mr. Shea, are you going to be offfering the 911 ebrake setup with your rear 5 lug conversions? biggrin.gif
hwgunner
I have no picture to add because you already have all the parts but thanks for the props. It all looks great and i think you wont know what hit you next time you get to drive the car. It will certainly feel different after all that. Great car too. I am jealous!!
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif Thanks guys. You really do very nice work. Jonathan, I figured out the problem I was having. Thanks for following up with me on that.

Jon
carr914
Hi Jon, good talking to you yesterday. Don't forget to show off your emblem too. biggrin.gif

T.C.

Eric_Shea
We haven't forgotten about T.C. either wink.gif

Click to view attachment

Chuck, we can do them (obviously) you just need to send your pre 73 handbrake assemblies and some cold hard cashola. biggrin.gif

We currently have 2 pair in-house with the 911 handbrake mod. One is Jon's and the other is Cesar's.
carr914
Lookin Good

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
Eric, I can't wait piratenanner.gif Everything is looking great.

T.C., always good talking with you. Yeah, the badge is on hold for a little while. I'm going to need to take the rear panel down to metal and repaint before I can put it on. I'll post pics when it is done though drunk.gif
Chuck
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 30 2008, 06:40 AM) *

We haven't forgotten about T.C. either wink.gif

Click to view attachment

Chuck, we can do them (obviously) you just need to send your pre 73 handbrake assemblies and some cold hard cashola. biggrin.gif

We currently have 2 pair in-house with the 911 handbrake mod. One is Jon's and the other is Cesar's.

Thanks Eric. I will definitely do this once the project progresses to that point.
sixnotfour
Jon , should I send these straight to Eric, tomorrow ?
90k 75 911 , dirty but not corroded.
PeeGreen 914
Hey Jeff, that would be great biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
Hey Jeff, that would be great

On their way UPS
rhodyguy
jon, when you start fitting the elephants on the front comtrol arms really clean up the end portion the shim stock goes around. when you start the fitting process put the thinest pieces on first and work your out. the thin stuff can wad up easily. don't jam the bushing on the end on seeing how it fits. not too loose, not to tight, just right.

k
PeeGreen 914
Just followed the instructions wink.gif It was easy to do although it did take time to get them to center correctly. The kit may be self centering, but that doesn't mean it is as easy as just tightening it up. Ecerything is going well so far. Just waiting on the sway bar mounts from Engman...still.
PeeGreen 914
So I know that Marks sway nut plates are very nice and I will use them when I get them.... but I cannot miss the AX on Saturday so I made my own for the time being.

Can't wait to try out my new front end biggrin.gif Then I will have a new rear for the next event. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO
rhodyguy
did you tighten the self centering feature with the front end in the air? are you going to have the car aligned?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 1 2008, 08:33 AM) *

did you tighten the self centering feature with the front end in the air? are you going to have the car aligned?

Yes and yes. I know how to do it properly wink.gif The arms swing very freely and nice. Even better than they ever did with the delrin.

So far all that is done is the sway bar, S calipers (loaners until the others are back), and the Elephant front bushings.

I get to start on the other stuff next week or so. piratenanner.gif

Not going to allign it or corner ballance it until it is all done.

A big thanks to Troy and Chris for their help tonight biggrin.gif I couldn't have finished without your help.
PeeGreen 914
So today was an AX school thing and I got to tes out my new goodies. The front end has never had this feeling. The steering input was so crisp and everything worked perfect. My car was the third fastest of the day and I still have more stuff to do. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.