Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wobble
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mightydoe
hey i have some vibraton in the front of my car at around 60ish mph..

any suggestions?

i thought maybe new tires/balance would do it.

has anyone had this symptom before?

thanks.
porschecb
I had the same problem. New wheels ,tires, perfect balance the @ 60 bingo!

After months of trying everything I could I check my tires air and that was it! 55 series tires, parked for some time and could not see the tires being that low on air checked them and Wow way low on air put at 30 something and problem gone! and had my car gone over by everybody and no one noticed the low tires, again hard to see low air on some tires

Good luck

Michael
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(mightydoe @ Jul 29 2008, 08:15 PM) *

hey i have some vibraton in the front of my car at around 60ish mph..

i thought maybe new tires/balance would do it.

has anyone had this symptom before?

if that's the problem, that'll fix it.

Also classic symptom of badly-adjusted wheel bearings and worn tie-rod ends. If you have no idea how long it's been on those two items, it's probably time. Check them out and stay safe.

Wheel bearing adjustment is pretty easy and practically free.

Replacing all the suspension parts can get expensive, but sloppy steering isn't safe, so find out exactly what your issue is and get it handled.

There are also ball joints in the picture and early (pre-'72-ish) struts have an unpleasant tendency to wear at the ball joint conection.

Do what needs doing. If everything is worn, you will be amazed at how much better the car handles once it's back the way it left the factory.
tornik550
This seems too simple however I had a similar problem. The problem with me was that I did not torque the lugs correctly. I just simply tightened all of them randomly instead of tightening in a cross pattern and using the correct torque.

I know that this is a rookie answer however this did happen to me.
mightydoe
thanks guys,

i will start with new tires because the ones i have i know are OLD, they came with my ats rims, and i went cheapskate.

If that doesn't do it i will get the full meal deal.

I appreciate your help very much thanks again guys.

D.
Jeffs9146
1. check bearings
2. check balance and check flat spots on tires (sitting too long)
3. check tie-rods

Then everything else mentioned by others!
mightydoe
I bought a new set of tires, and now she rides like a dream.

thanks for the suggestions guys.

I had multiple sets of tires, I guess they were all bad/ out of balance.

thanks for all the suggestions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.