Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Freaky Floor pan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914fun
Why is the floor pan so irregular? Even with padding wont my carpet show these dips and bumps in the floor pan over a short piriod of time? How do you guys make it look flat? Maybe a thick foam, but what kind to use that will not show the dips and bumps after while? confused24.gif
Rand
A flat panel isn't as strong/stiff. Those irregularities are needed to resist flexing.

Don't worry about it showing through any decent carpet. Not an issue.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 29 2008, 08:03 PM) *

A flat panel isn't as strong/stiff. Those irregularities are needed to resist flexing.
Don't worry about it showing through any decent carpet. Not an issue.

agree.gif

The ribs are added for additional rigidity. With good carpet, it won't be a problem ...
bye1.gif Andy
r_towle
coco mats
914fun
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 29 2008, 10:12 PM) *

coco mats

What is coco mats? my carpet must be thinner than most. I wonderd if it was going to be good stuff when I orderd it. you get what you pay for. It was only 200.00 for all of it. Will have to do somthing in the way of a pad. any suggestions.
jd74914
$200 Seems like a pretty expensive carpet kit; where did you get it from?
914fun
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jul 30 2008, 07:43 AM) *

$200 Seems like a pretty expensive carpet kit; where did you get it from?

They are on ebay. The carpet starts out much cheeper but i Went with the loop at 180.00 after shipping it came to 195.00. Not much of a backing on it. Dont think it will last long. The spot that worries me the most is the 2 inch diameter round spots by the feet Its like 3 levels higher than the lowest point of the floor pan. Anyway I just thought the car might be missn somthing. But if this is normal ill just deal with it. Thanks guys.
southernmost914
I have the same carpet kit and it is of high quality. I believe the same company sells a plastic covered padding kit for the cockpit. You may have to look at their ebay store to find it.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.