Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teener on Sacramento TV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimSar
A few days ago a local reporter wrote an article about my electric conversion:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=86487

TV reporters picked it up and must think it's newsworthy, because I received a voicemail message from a FOX affiliate, as well as a live call from CBS13. Had a blast with the CBS crew; the reporter has an aunt who owned a 914, so he appreciates the car's history. My office is just a couple of blocks from a boat launch ramp, so I brought them there so they could film in the parking lot. Not too many boaters this time of the week. We spent about an hour chatting and filming, for about a minute of airtime in the news. I let the guy drive, no cone dodging, though. Overall not too bad a reporting job, although he should have mentioned that I refuel from the grid at greatly discounted price at night. Excess power from solar panels are sold to the utility during the day at premium price.

Here's the clip:
http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=36961@kovr.dayport.com
johannes
WOW ! very nice clip.
PRS914-6
Nice coverage! Good Job! beerchug.gif
Justinp71
That is Awesome!

Makes me want to get an electric 914 for commuting around Sacramento...
McMark
Very cool. thumb3d.gif Fancy camera work there... laugh.gif
watsonrx13
Congratulations.... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
Root_Werks
That was very cool! I have said it before, the bottleneck for this is battery technology. Smaller, lighter with more storage capacity will yield more conversions like this one.

driving.gif
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif saved to my videos folder ...

driving.gif Andy
roadster fan
Really nice video, I also enjoyed the newspaper coverage posted earlier.

Maybe we should pool some funds and send the reporter one of these shades.gif :

Click to view attachment

Jim
orange914
thumb3d.gif
retrofit
I saw the news clip on chnl 13 last nite.
Nice looking car!!! And it's electric. Wow, what a project!
There was one at the WCC '04 that ran some nice times on the auto x course.
Maybe you could bring it to one of the Porsche get togethers that happen in Fair Oaks. If so, be sure to post that your are coming. I wouldn't want to miss out.
Plus, it's added incentive for me to put in seat time from Turlock to Sac and back for a donut I can't eat, but a mocha that I can...
Allen
james2
saweet! aktion035.gif
Hammy
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 30 2008, 02:58 PM) *

Really nice video, I also enjoyed the newspaper coverage posted earlier.

Maybe we should pool some funds and send the reporter one of these shades.gif :

Click to view attachment

Jim

agree.gif biggrin.gif

The first guy (Sam Shane) got it right though. I'm usually watching CBS 13 news, can't believe I missed this when it first aired.
JimSar
QUOTE(retrofit @ Jul 30 2008, 08:26 PM) *

Maybe you could bring it to one of the Porsche get togethers that happen in Fair Oaks. If so, be sure to post that your are coming. I wouldn't want to miss out.
Plus, it's added incentive for me to put in seat time from Turlock to Sac and back for a donut I can't eat, but a mocha that I can...
Allen

Great suggestion. Can't drive it to Fair Oaks, though, got to put the Rennenmetal.com towing bracket to work. We'll see ... college football is coming up soon, there goes my Saturdays.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. BTW, funny thing during filming, I was gunning it towards the cameraman and the seagulls didn't budge. I instinctively slammed on the brakes to prevent roadkill. Darn, it would have been worth the avian sacrifice to see a 914 mow down some seagulls.

Jim
MrKona
I saw this on CNN Headline News this morning!
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 30 2008, 11:23 AM) *

driving.gif Andy

How do you save videos? Right clicking does not seem to work for me?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JimSar @ Jul 30 2008, 11:31 PM) *

QUOTE(retrofit @ Jul 30 2008, 08:26 PM) *

Allen

Great suggestion. Can't drive it to Fair Oaks, though, got to put the Rennenmetal.com towing bracket to work. We'll see ... college football is coming up soon, there goes my Saturdays.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. BTW, funny thing during filming, I was gunning it towards the cameraman and the seagulls didn't budge. I instinctively slammed on the brakes to prevent roadkill. Darn, it would have been worth the avian sacrifice to see a 914 mow down some seagulls.

Jim

Jim,
If you have the range to get to Fair Oaks, I can arrange for charging during the 2-3 hours we hang out... The owner of the Deli is a participant in the Reunion and amenable to anything we need. I would love to see it.
E-Man
I saw, but didn't hear it, at lunch today. Must have been CNN on at the restaurant.

Thanks for the clip. -Mike
james2
Firefox and download helper for me...via Ubuntu. FTW aktion035.gif

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 31 2008, 08:16 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 30 2008, 11:23 AM) *

driving.gif Andy

How do you save videos? Right clicking does not seem to work for me?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.