Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Redneck Gas Pedal Repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I started taking a 74 apart. This is what I found for an improved version of a broken gas pedal. I laughed so hard I had tears. Then it hit me, this must have been a big mother if he need to extend the pedal to that length
Steve Snyder
Is that a gate hinge I see?
MartyYeoman
Looks like a Home Depot repair to me.
SLITS
Trekkor did it.
bryanc
I love redneck repairs. Some of them even work!

I have a parts car that had a heater valve made from a PVC Y pipe, some pieces of sheetmetal, and lots of JB weld. I dunno if it worked, but it made me feel like an archaeologist trying to figure out what it was for.

The same car had a clutch tube repair made from 1/4" steel. Probably 15 lbs of steel was in there. Plus the 7 or 8 lbs of welding stick.
LowGT
My first 914 came with the door hinge gas pedal repair. My new 914 has a legit original gas pedal, and now it doesn't feel right. HA!
JPB
Thats not a shade tree machanic job!!! That there repair has the old "back woods mechanics" written all over it.

av-943.gif
Katmanken
So that's where it went.....

Somebody stole my pedal....

It worked real gud and I was going to make a bunch of them to sell to you CSOB's, er... I mean fine gentlemen....

Ken
carr914
So Bigfoot does really exist.

I once had a 57 Corvette and there had been a repair to the D.S front fender in METAL screwy.gif

T.C.
jt914-6
I bought a 914 and the pedal bushings had gotten brake fluid on them and we all know what happens. Mashing the pedal down was no problem, but the bushings were so tight the previous owner had tied a piece of 12 ga. wire to it and to let the gas off you would pull on the wire to return to idle!!!!!!
Needless to say, the bushings/MC was changes quite quickly.
Root_Werks
I would have used a hasp half instead of the gate hinge. av-943.gif
jimkelly
i had one just like that in my car fro a year - i recently replaced it with a new peddle - what an improvement - find a nice used proper peddle.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 1 2008, 09:49 AM) *

I would have used a hasp half instead of the gate hinge. av-943.gif

Seems like half-hasp solution to me. shades.gif
computers4kids
All the PO had to do was add a latch...and instant "cruise control!" av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.