Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where your clutch at?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I keep moving my nut closer and closer tward the end of the road. I will need a clutch tube replacment it seems, but I realized I never knew where it was supposed to be. so wheres yours??
6freak
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jul 31 2008, 11:47 AM) *

I keep moving my nut closer and closer tward the end of the road. I will need a clutch tube replacment it seems, but I realized I never knew where it was supposed to be. so wheres yours??

Keep your nuts off the end of the road av-943.gif anywho i believe the 6 and the 4 are the same clutch cable so mines about 1/3 from the end of the adjustment ...almost time for a new one ....clutch that is
ClayPerrine
My clutch is in between the engine and the transmission, right were it belongs.....

piratenanner.gif
Justinp71
Mine was about half way, and my fork was close to bottoming out on the trans, then when I put the trans in last I added a washer to the fork pivot ball and a new throw out bearing.

The cable barely fits now (nuts at the beginning). I still have yet to use it on the road. laugh.gif
Trevorg7
After I converted from a tail to side shifter earlier this year, I had to add washers blink.gif

T
Dave_Darling
I'm using a 911 clevis (metal) versus the 914 plastic one. It needs a spacer to fit properly.

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 31 2008, 09:21 PM) *

I'm using a 911 clevis (metal) versus the 914 plastic one.

Me too. And i also use two 11mm nuts to hold it down. They're pretty much at the beginning of the thread, i had barely enough sticking out the back to get them nuts on there ...

So, i still got plenty of adjustment left. Btw. that's with the new Clutch, PP and TB ...
bye1.gif Andy
sww914
The nut's right behind the steering wheel
brant
I found mine...
it wasn't where I thought it would be:

jsayre914
If I wanted to add another nut to lock the first nut temporarly, is there somewhere on the car I could borrow this nut from just to prove a theory I have. My theory is the tranny has a small drip right onto the nut and I can turn the nut easily by hand no matter how tight it is. after one hour of driving it always becomes slack. I think the nut keeps going back to where I started.

the nut fits a 11mm socket. any idea whereI can get another nut off the car??
chris914
Mine is in the middle with a new clutch. Where does it belong?

I put a nylon lock nut on mine and it seems to stay put. It is a 7mm nut, I don't know of any others on the car, maybe someone else does.
JoeSharp
I was under the impression that when you resurfased the flywheel that it caused the adjustment of the clutch to move to another location on the therads of the adjuster. That the thinner your flywheel is the further down the threads you will be. Someone makes and spacer that fits in the cluth tube end and can bring your adjuster to the proper place.
Dave_Darling
I think the nuts that hold the rocker stands onto the heads are M7. I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

When I tried a Nyloc nut on the clutch adjustment, it didn't "lock" very well. So now I just double-nut it.

M7 nuts should be available at any decent hardware store.

--DD
jsayre914
I found a nut, in the garage. Definatly you should doube nut it. biggrin.gif
Thanks for the help, the nut was moving.
jimkelly
pic
jsayre914
jim, I thought the stock cable was supposed to be dripping wet of transmission fluid. how eles can you create the large puddle on the floor of the garage biggrin.gif
SGB
no, no, no. The transmission fluid burns up on the muffler. Gone.
The engine oil blows back to provide a "custom" protective layer with the popular mat black" finish on the transmission- for show purposes only, of course.
Dave_Darling
You can see the 911 clevis in the pic of Jim's V8 clutch cable setup, and the 914 one (sort of, under the grime!) in the pic of his four-cylinder setup. I like the metal 911 part; plastic breaks more easily.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.