Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any tips on how to get late-style
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
all exhaust bolts are off the studs, and i can wiggle it about 3 or 4 mm, but the damn thing won't come off. i imagined it would slip off pretty easily, so i'm not putting too much force on it.

am i missing something, or is it just a matter of beating it into submission? spank.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Your not missing anything. I pb blasted for two days, beat on them with a hammer and wooden block, cussed alot and beat some more. They went back on almost as hard, and I had the engine out! Can't imagine it with the engine in the car. Maybe with the HE's on you would have a little more leverage to wiggle them?
skline
They come off hard, and he is right, they go back on just as hard. I got frustrated the first time too. I had the HE on so I used them to rock it back and forth till they came off. Everytime, they were mounted on the engine in the car. I was underneath it trying to get them out. They did finally come out. I converted to the 73 HE to save me the hassle the next time.
Bleyseng
I used a block of wood and a metal lever to wiggle them off very slowly an mm at a time. They will come off just take it slow.

Geoff
nebreitling
QUOTE(skline @ Jan 29 2004, 05:50 PM)
I converted to the 73 HE to save me the hassle the next time.

and you apparently had the right idea....

okay then, i'll just get drunk and go at it like a redneck.

YEEEEE HAWW
smash.gif
rhodyguy
time and more time. make sure you are coming down square. i almost went for the sawsal. today was frought with misadventure for me. ha ha. i thought the swap would be a piece of cake.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.