Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: *sigh* Two days.... TWO DAYS...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dbgriffith75
Two days... until I'm married...! blink.gif

I really can't believe it. When I proposed about a year and a half ago, it seemed so far away. Now, looking back, it's actually gone by pretty fast.

But I'm not feeling nervous or apprehensive... yet. This whole week I've been pretty relaxed about the whole thing. So I figure either I'm 110% ready to do this, or it's going to hit me tomorrow night or Saturday. barf.gif

I'm glad it's finally going to be over though. The last few months have been a major stress factor for my wife to be. It's not that I'm just laying back and letting her take care of everything, although I have been trying. biggrin.gif But she has been taking care of the majority of the plans just because she knows what she wants.

It's going to be a quick ceremony though. Neither of us want a long, drawn out ritual that will bore us. I come from a Catholic background, and when my older sister got married a couple years ago, even though I was in the wedding party, I was like "When the f**k is this going to be over?" So basically we just want to get it done so we can get to the reception.

And that's what's really got me spooked. See, I don't care for dancing. Never have. But she talked me into learning what I needed to learn for our first dance because the song we picked is kind of an upbeat song. And it's more for my family anyway. We've got a lot of surprises planned for this that no one but us knows about, our first dance being one of them because we're gonna do it so my family's like "Since when does Brian dance like that?" biggrin.gif

It's kind of curious though, that this is really happening. Not that I'm having doubts, but it's almost like this marriage was cursed from the beginning as certain events have occured that I'm pretty sure aren't normal. See, we live in Iowa, but her dad lives in Texas, so every now and again we go down there to visit him. Well, I proposed to her in Texas. But when we flew down there, it mirrored the events in the Ben Stiller movie "Meet the Parents" as the airline actually lost my bag with the ring in it. Well, I guess I shouldn't say they lost it, but for some reason they failed to unload it from the plane so it made a second trip back to Iowa and then back to Dallas. I was really cool about it though just because I didn't want to let her on to my plans, even though inside I was like "MOTHERFUCKER!!!" But my bag was recovered and I proposed smoothly and everything was great.

For about 6 months, when one night at a concert, she was clapping for one of the bands and the engagement ring hit one of her other rings and the shank broke. She flipped. But I calmed her down and we got it fixed and everything was great again. Until about 3 months ago when the ring broke AGAIN, in the same spot! WTF.gif So we got it fixed again, and this time they beefed up the shank to make it stronger.

And then, just this last Monday, on the first day of the week leading up to the big day, I was headed up to my folks house for some things and the master cylinder goes out on my truck. I was about 50 feet from a stop sign doing about 40 MPH when I hit the brake and NOTHING! I almost panicked, but I remembered my dad teaching me when I first started learning to drive that if your brakes ever go out, you can hold the release lever to the E-brake and get stopped that way. Except by the time I thought about it I didn't have a choice but to lock them up. I skidded to a stop maybe a foot before the road I had to stop at; and it's a damn good thing I got stopped too, because if I'd have skidded 5 more feet, 3 cars would have hurled themselves into the driver side of my truck. Which would have been bad.

So like I said, I'm not having doubts, but it's just rather curious when you consider these events during our engagement.

Anyway, I need to get going. This is the last time I'll be on the boards for the next few days, so I'll see you guys on the flip side. beerchug.gif
6freak

Congrads and good luck beerchug.gif
markb
Congrats! beer.gif
G e o r g e
agree.gif

Congrats

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
sww914
Marriage is super cool. I hope your wife is like mine, a partner through and through, not an adversary.
We've been through incredibly tough times, our boy almost dying countless times, her wheelchair bound for a while, me dying after a surgery and her reviving me after 4 minutes of no pulse and no respiration, on the side of the road, financial soaring heights and crushing lows, you name it. We're stronger than ever, our selves and our relationship. I wouldn't have made it through any of it without her nor she without me.
A man and a woman are two pieces of a puzzle. Without both it's not complete.
Only one piece of advice. Eventually you'll have kids. Plan how you will raise your kids, don't simply react to situations. This is the most important thing you will ever do. Plan it like you plan projects, vacations, finances, etc. The results will show.
My son is a dwarf. He looks very different than every other kid at the school. Being different could be a curse, but he's THE most popular kid at the school. WE planned it that way. We told him every day everything positive that we could think of to tell him about himself and he believed it all. His aura is of a confidant, outgoing, cool kid. Nobody sees him as a victim and he isn't a victim.
The marriage is more important than the wedding. I hope you have a great party and a great marriage. drunk.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif party.gif rock_band.gif dancinnanner.gif 287.gif 340.gif 85.gif
rebelmdot
Congratulations!

Always remember: Friendship, Love, and Loyalty. With these three things you will be fine and have a great marriage.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.