Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 993/996/997/boxster Suspension questions..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
Ok guys, I now work for Megan Racing, an aftermarket parts company that specializes in coilovers, adjustable suspension arms and exhausts. I have my boss interested in jumping onto Porsches now. My main questions are:

What are the differences for the 996 throughout its production years?

Any changes in spring rates from the different 996 models? GT2-base model vice versa.

Do they all use the same spring/strut design?

These same questions apply to the 997 and 993

Lastly, anyone that would happen to own one of these cars could potentially be a tester if they are interested. Free parts, free install.... the only thing we ask of is regular feedback about the product. PM me if you own one of these cars (to include the boxster as well) with your contact information.

THANX!

-Jared
DrifterJay
one more quick question.....

does the 996 have room in the front shock towers for camber plates??
Brett W
No need for camber plates. The lower control arms can be made adjustable using GT3 and GT2 parts. Shims for the lower control arms. There are different springs depending on PASM or not and model type. Most of the parts are interchangeable.

997 changed things up. Different shock mounts on the rears, different front and rear cross members to change track width. I can get more info if needed. in the middle of research on this.

I ain't knocking you, but megan is known for cheap chinese imported junk in Ricerland. Might want to consider the marketing implications of this.
bryanc
I could be a tester. I have a 2000 986S. As far as knowledge of the suspension, I don't know much, just that the stock Boxster tends to push a lot more than the S on the track.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.