Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914World goodies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
So, since everyone has asked but no one has stepped up.....I'm going to be doing some limited runs of 914World merchandise.....

Would this be acceptable to the masses? Since I'm paying for the order up front, Yes, I would be making a profit. Yes, I will be accepting payment ONLY when THEY ARE IN STOCK......PAYPAL only until the break even point. Then Money Orders.....

I will not be taking pre-orders unless I see everyone wanting it that way. I prefer to accept payment when I can ship you the item. That way if there is a delay on delivery no one has to wait....shipping via USPS only.

I will likely make one item, and when I break even, make an order for the next item.

I did this for the "other site" and the quality was quite good in most cases, but I did not control final approval, the purse strings or delivery.....here it's just me.....

Badges are outsourced to the Phillipines....everything else is local.
Grelber
All right, first one to vote!!

I like hats, but shirts would be my second vote.
736conver
everything else is loca

Im in for hats. And maybe these will be better then the last hats from the club. My "red" hat is splitting from the seams, those were made in korea. Maybe some good ol US ones will be better.
Trevorg7
I like hats too but I need a big one to fit my head...that and I am picky about them.

Can I suggest we look at these hats; http://flexfit.com/

Great hats...'fitted' etc.

Thanks

T
brant
Mike,

I was going to make some smart alec comment but decided against it
I hope it is smooth sailing (this time) on your end!

brant
Grelber
I don't mind paying a couple of extra $$ to get a quality product.
turboman808
I would like to get a nice car badge. Something along the lines of the classic car badges not the ebay cheapos. I know 914 club made a badge and it was pretty high quality it still resembled a cheap ebay badge.
ws91420
I'm all for swag even though I can't afford any now, but I seem to remember that GTeener wanted to provide to fill the void through Cafe Press and was stopped because she couldn't provide a sample prior to offering it. Just don't want this to seem as only an Admin can produce anything to sell regarding the world. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=68432&st=0

familienauto
Vinyl window stickers. Not giant all-across-the top-of-the-windscreen ones, bumper-sticker sized.
turnaround89
I would buy a hat or a vinyl sticker for the rear window, or both.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jul 31 2008, 02:05 PM) *

I'm all for swag even though I can't afford any now, but I seem to remember that GTeener wanted to provide to fill the void through Cafe Press and was stopped because she couldn't provide a sample prior to offering it. Just don't want this to seem as only an Admin can produce anything to sell regarding the world. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=68432&st=0

Correct. The problem was with the quality of the product and Gwen never got around to supply a sample. The same rules apply for Z.

Basically, if the quality sucks, we don't want our name on it ...
shades.gif Andy

PS: And i'm not saying that Gwen wasn't going to provide a quality product.
JPB
I prefer quantity over quality since I would only wear those items at events beer.gif
Joe Bob
Never mind, based on a few comments and other flash-backs. I've decided it's not worth the grief. And the phrase "What am I doing?" bouncing around in my head.

Thanks for your consideration. Back to your regularly scheduled scene of insanity.....
Aaron Cox
you are crazy... LOL
Katmanken
Yeah,

Isn't it amazing when yer meds kick in?????

Ideas that sounded "Brilliant" lose their luster....

Now getting us top quality bumpers for $200 each..... idea.gif

That's a different story..... cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Ken
GaroldShaffer
sad.gif

Well if it ever does happen, I would take a few stickers for the racecar.
r_towle
QUOTE(mikez @ Jul 31 2008, 04:38 PM) *

So, since everyone has asked but no one has stepped up.....I'm going to be doing some limited runs of 914World merchandise.....

With all due respect. Loudly, drunk and slurring.

ARE YOU F@#$ing NUTS?

Invest your money in a 356. you will make more money and have a whole lot less aggravation.
Damn you forget WAY tO EASY...

I do not stand alone in the corner...I am certain there are a few of us over here drinking up some beers yelling the same thing....DONT DO IT Mike.....

Rich
Joe Bob
Yeah, "Brilliant" whilst I hoist a Guiness then bash it against my forehead......it knocked loose the hung up brain cells that held onto the gap in my memory.
r_towle
good....I could not read past your first post...I was in shock.

Drink more, think less..

Rich
computers4kids
One suggestion...
If someone ends-up making a nice badge like the 914club badge, please space the pins/size on the back so they will fit in our mesh lid grills without having to distort the stock grills.
Just a thought...
Mark

Hats would be nice!
rebelmdot
I am a Customhouse Broker by trade and deal on the international market on a regular basis. I have recently started buying Polo Style shirts with high quality embroidery on them. I can get 100% Cotton Polo style shirts (220g per square meter for reference) with whatever we want embroidered on them and sell for $12.00, this will not include shipping, but USPS priorty mail is $4.60 to most places in continental US. International shipping will be extra. For you big fellas out there, each additional X is a $1.00 starting at 2XL.

Two potential pitfalls. My minimum order quantity is 100 pieces I can probably order less if I push, but price will go up. Agreeing on what to embroider on the shirt. I would think that the 914 World logo on the left chest would be cool and maybe the 914 silhouette either on one of the sleeves or on the nape of the neck just below the collar of the shirt. I will need to do pre-orders so as not to get burned on the $$$ but if we get to say the 75 mark, I will pony up for the additional 25 shirts so that we can get them and sell them after. It will take 30 days from the day I place the order to get to you.

What color shirt? What color embroidery? What and where to embroider?
scotty b
Will there be a limit on the number of badges one can buy ?? I need a few extra to put on E-bay in 2-3 years...........Oh wait I still have THAT one here............. dry.gif
computers4kids
Will there be a limit on the number of badges one can buy ?? I need a few extra to put on E-bay in 2-3 years...........Oh wait I still have THAT one here............. dry.gif

av-943.gif I hear you brother...they'll be worth a lot some day av-943.gif av-943.gif
rick 918-S
Crap! I voted before I read the thread, which is unusual for me... smile.gif

I was just starting to daydream about how good my coffee was going to taste in the morning as I sipped it from a World Cup, the BAM! Snapped back to reality! dry.gif WTF.gif

Actually, just after I read the title and just before I clicked on this thread and opened it up, I was like, WTF.gif are you thiniking? av-943.gif

Kinda wish you were doing it again Mikey but I can't blame ya for the reality check.

BTW: I want a couple of those Polos! Cool! aktion035.gif I like the Left chest and sleeve cuff embrodery. Don't care about the color as long as they are not pink.
rebelmdot
...................and so it begins.....what size Polos would you like kind sir?

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 31 2008, 11:44 PM) *

I was just starting to daydream about how good my coffee was going to taste in the morning as I sipped it from a World Cup, the BAM! Snapped back to reality! dry.gif WTF.gif

Actually, just after I read the title and just before I clicked on this thread and opened it up, I was like, WTF.gif are you thiniking? av-943.gif

Kinda wish you were doing it again Mikey but I can't blame ya for the reality check.

BTW: I want a couple of those Polos! Cool! aktion035.gif I like the Left chest and sleeve cuff embrodery. Don't care about the color as long as they are not pink.

rhodyguy
i recently saw a local member (championgt1) wearing one of the hoddies mark had made. i liked it. good quality. wish i had bought one or 2.
Rusty

agree.gif

Those of us who know you realize you wouldn't flaunt the guidelines that you helped draft. rolleyes.gif

I hope you reconsider as you have the drive and resources to get quality products done at reasonable prices.

-R
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rebelmdot @ Aug 1 2008, 05:03 AM) *

...................and so it begins.....what size Polos would you like kind sir?

Medium. Hey, can you source the short sleeve (I mean short!) polos? I hate the ones that have the sewn cuff that comes almost to your elbo. May as wll be long sleeve. They give me a rash. I end up rolling the cuffs up twice to get them just above the bicep.
rebelmdot
now that I am in full swing in my training I am wearing a medium as well. I will try one on and see how far down the arm it goes. I will also measure the length of sleeve, but the do not seem to be too long. If it appears that will get to do this, I will put a sizing chart up on the site so that everyone can pick the one most appropriate for them. I should have sample here in two weeks.

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 2 2008, 11:25 PM) *

QUOTE(rebelmdot @ Aug 1 2008, 05:03 AM) *

Medium. Hey, can you source the short sleeve (I mean short!) polos? I hate the ones that have the sewn cuff that comes almost to your elbo. May as wll be long sleeve. They give me a rash. I end up rolling the cuffs up twice to get them just above the bicep.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.