Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i want this day over(again)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
start early. install the driver's side he first. one of the ears on the pass side is cracked on both sides. change, go to a nearby welder. bye bye $10. come home, change, install the he. i go to put on the muffler set up. the guy had given me gaskets for a 1.8/1.7 i needed 2.0's. i called and said i picked up some 914 parts and that they had given me the wrong ones. get this, "no dave, you ordered the 1.8 ones.". i told him i was the other older , balding, glasses wearing, 914 owner. no change this time, i wear the coveralls. shop has moved and it takes me the better part of 45min to get there now, same for the return, and the are the only game in town for the stuff we need. change the fram oil filter that was on incredibly tight, as in couldn't get it off, bye bye $5 for one of those plastic jobby's that fit a 3/8 ratchet. there had been a minor drip. change to a mahle. get the key

CRRRAP. head to he leaks delux. turn it off. PLUS, now the little oil spot is a BIG drip on the floor. the was nothing fresh on the cooler and the top of the filter was a puddle, with the balance running down the side. do those filler mounts fail? i went with the "standard 3/4 tight. `now about those stupid stud nuts. i wanted to use the 12mm ones but you have to washer them up and i only have 2 hands, so i went with the 13's. what kind of top secret tool did porsche have to run those things down? what is the correct torque value for the stud nuts? couldn't find it in hanyes. i called the local PORSCHE service department . "i think 18 or so", thanks for the guess. so tomorrow i get to take it all back apart. AGAIN!!! what is the right torque value?

kevin
ChrisReale
15 foot pounds i believe...
nebreitling
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 29 2004, 06:56 PM)
what is the correct torque value for the stud nuts? couldn't find it in hanyes.  i called the local PORSCHE service department . "i think 18 or so", thanks for the guess. so tomorrow i get to take it all back apart. AGAIN!!!  what is the right torque value?

damn, kevin. rough day, sorry to hear about it. don't fret too much, you'll be up and running soon enough.

I just happened to talk w/ rich bontempi about the torque for those nuts:

18 MAX 15 will do nicely....
redshift
Hey Kev... could have been worse.. I knew this guy that came home, and his car had been stolen.

Tomorrow is another day, and maybe it'll be better, for both of us.

smile.gif

M
914ghost
Kevin-
happens to me most days, only lately the dellorto's are my enemy.
I just spent 4.5 hours timing it and turning the air bypass screws 1/8 turn at a time, drive, 1/8 turn,... drive... ..1/8.. . turn.. .pull mains back out.
Clear.
Drive.
Pull plugs back out.. ..
Some days it just dont pay. Car runs great now, but tomorrow it's gonna fight me again.. I can feel it.
BUT! Think about how great they are when they run RIGHT.
Robert O
Bruce Allert
Hey Kev, Me thinks you need a GLENLIVET on da rocks along wit a gud cee-gar smile.gif then, relax & tomorrow will be better. I know, I been there too beer.gif

........b

ps; just went & had a swig of the above mentioned stuff from outta da freezer! MMmmmmmm gud beer3.gif
DNHunt
Kevin

That kid thinks we're the same guy. I was in there yesterday cause they sold me gaskets for the 1.8 so I had to return them. They reordered the 2.0 gaskets.

They must be all confused. 2 old guys with 914's chasin the same problems. Maybe we need to go in there together. Not quite Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid but you get the drift. ar15.gif fighting19.gif

Dave
seanery
Kid

HAHA laugh.gif Kids are young! HAHA laugh.gif
rhodyguy
dave, he called me dave on the phone. the poor kid. bruce steel was at the desk and was listening but not listening if you know what i mean. parking is the worst and i don't like having to drive to 47th and s tac way. you get the leak fixed?

kevin
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jan 30 2004, 07:23 AM)
Maybe we need to go in there together. Not quite Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid but you get the drift. ar15.gif fighting19.gif

Dave

Ya Dave, & you can wear yer hat, then they'll be able to tell ya's appart! laugh.gif
rhodyguy
bob, wouldn't your unisyn be the tool for the air bypass adj.? i'm lazy, i turn them tight and call it good enough.

kevin
DNHunt
Bruce

I hadn't thought about the hat. I'm sure glad I got all you guys backstoppin me. Fills me with a world of confidence. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Don't know Kevin it was just too wet yesterday. I'll try later today

Dave
redshift
I also have a hard time telling you two apart.. maybe it's the accent.

laugh.gif

M
DNHunt
M

It's easy, Kevin never uses capitals.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.