Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Factory Air
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rebelmdot
Well I have been spending time on my 76 dismantling for flares, metal work, and paint. I have also been working on 72 so it can be my DD. I have a 1974 that I got a while back with no keys and was delivered while I was gone, so I have not paid any attention to it. I thought I would go check it out and lo and behold, it has a factory air conditioner. Now if I can get the car running I can make it DD for summer as it will be cooler than 72!!!

aktion035.gif
Cap'n Krusty
There is no such thing as "factory air" for any 914/4, and it's existence is debatable for the /6s, as well. The Cap'n
rebelmdot
Appears to have been done in Germany then. They did a good enough job to make it appear factory whoever did it. I will take some pics.

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 1 2008, 04:49 PM) *

There is no such thing as "factory air" for any 914/4, and it's existence is debatable for the /6s, as well. The Cap'n

jt914-6
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 1 2008, 04:49 PM) *

You're right Cap'n. No factory air in a 914, all dealer installed. Some good drooley.gif......some bad mad.gif
carr914
Absolutely agree.gif . No such thing as "Factory" A/C. All dealer units. However if running good, they can freeze your ass cheeks together.

T.C.
3d914
Christian,

The "dealer" A/C on 914's can work quite well as mentioned above. My last teener had a combined VPC & DPD system to get the best of both. Here is a link on the Pelican site with a wiring diagram I worked up also.

Good luck,
klikkid3
I was about to write in about this one, I have a picture of what I thought was a factory AC compressor but now I guess not, havent had it looked at yet but thought of getting it going someday, unless it took half of my horsepower away and gave me the same gas mileage as my avalanche.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.