Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Shops in Illinois
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turnaround89
I plan to do as much of the work on my new 914 as possible, but in case i get to something i can't do i would like to find a shop around my hometown that can help. Just wondering if anyone in Northern Illinois has any experience shops that work on 914s? I would like to find someone that actually knows the car and not just some general mechanic. Any help would be great. thanks
buck toenges
Brad mayuer, Peoria 309 694 1797 The best.
orthobiz
Buck is right.
914 Ltd. Brad did a TON of work on my car.
Honest, too.

Paul
STL914
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Aug 2 2008, 01:27 AM) *

agree.gif

In fact, this is all Brad does; work on 914's.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(STL914 @ Aug 2 2008, 06:33 AM) *

QUOTE(buck toenges @ Aug 2 2008, 01:27 AM) *

agree.gif

In fact, this is all Brad does; work on 914's.

agree.gif did my transaxle
IronHillRestorations
Brad is 100% stand up guy. Honest as the day is long, and really really knows these cars. Although not real close to Rockford, it would be worth it to take the car to him.
gms
No need to look any further...Brad is the MAN!!
bobhasissues
Brad in Peoria has a great rep as everyone says, but there is also a guy that is a Porsche factory certified mechanic that started his own shop about 5 years ago in Machesney Park. He used to work for the Motorwerks Porsche dealer. Sorry I can't remember his name, but his shop is in the area on the northwest side of 51 and 173. He did a complete engine rebuild on my friends' 911 and does work for a bunch of Porsche racers around the area. Also, the Porsche club usually has at least two driving schools each summer at the track in Rockton. You can go there as a spectator and could make some good contacts there as well. Good luck.
GeorgeRud
In the Chicagoland area, there are also Peter Fischer Motors (in Barrington), Midwest Eurosport (in Bensenville), and Perfect Power (in Buffalo Grove). All have years of good reports for their services and are excellent shops. They are probably more versed in the 914-6 than 914-4 however.

If distance isn't an issue, and he has the time, Brad certainly knows these cars better than anyone else!
turnaround89
Thanks everybody, I am not worried about the distance when it comes to getting the car fixed correctly. Looks like i will be calling Brad in Peoria when I need him. thank you so much everybody!!
carr914
agree.gif Brad is the man to use. He built a tranny for me 10 years ago, was used in a track car, never had a problem. He is an expert.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.