Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do I do with old crappy parts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rbmorrisiii
So I got a really run-down '73 1.7 liter with a suprisingly good body of mix-matched pieces and parts. Everything else is crap. interior? crap. bumpers? crap. wheels? crap!

So as I replace these parts, what do I do with the old crappy stuff? Like, right now I have two horrible bumpers - dented... paint is all messed up, the rubber top part is rippled, cracked, and discolored - it kinda looks like something you would have to pick up off the carpet using a tissue. Is there any value to this crap? Is there somebody in the world that actually wants this stuff, or do I huck it in the garbage?

Let me know!

-R.B.
VaccaRabite
the answer is: "it depends."

If the bumper is painted, it can be sanded, bondoed, and re painted. Bumper tops can be found at the usual places.

Do the wheels just look bad, or are they bent. If the look bad, they can be stripped, cleaned and painted.

The interior can all be replaced, but some bits are expensive, and others can be rehabbed - like the seats, dash, dash top, etc. Carpet kits are plentiful, so just trash the carpet.

If it is metal, do not just bin it. At the very least, sell it for scrap. Scrap prices are high right now, and you are going to need parts money. But, unless the metal is actually damaged badly, it can usually be rebuilt for way less then buying new.

Zach
Gint
agree.gif laugh.gif It depends... I use that all the time at work.

Believe it or not, some people will pay real money for some of that "crap".
toon1
one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Post some pics..
Gint
QUOTE(toon1 @ Aug 2 2008, 09:59 AM) *

one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Post some pics..

...in the classifieds forum. smile.gif
KELTY360

C,mon guys, where's your manners....... welcome.png

Take pics and post in the classifieds - one man's stromberg.gif is another man's fertilizer.
Gint
Duh! Completely missed that it's your first post. welcome.png
ericread
You can always list it on eBay. It seems you can sell anything there lol3.gif

welcome.png

Eric Read bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.