Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to dismantle bumper guards ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschenstock
Hi there,

As I bought an US specs 914 and in Europe we can have the Euro model version I would like to get rid of the front bumper guards fitted on my 914, also I was wondering from where it is fixed ( front boot I presume ), if I will reach the nuts easily??
How many nuts are they fitted with, also will I find some chrome underneath??

If there is two holes will it be ok to blind those with some chromed blinder ??

If you have some tricks and pictures about that I will be happy and it will be helpfull.

Many thanks driving.gif

Chris from France
GeorgeRud
Just remove the front bumper and the guards bolt off from the back side of the bumper. The bumper is unbolted from inside the fender wells (two bolts on each side).
STL914
QUOTE(porschenstock @ Aug 2 2008, 03:14 AM) *

Hi there,

As I bought an US specs 914 and in Europe we can have the Euro model version I would like to get rid of the front bumper guards fitted on my 914, also I was wondering from where it is fixed ( front boot I presume ), if I will reach the nuts easily??
How many nuts are they fitted with, also will I find some chrome underneath??

If there is two holes will it be ok to blind those with some chromed blinder ??

If you have some tricks and pictures about that I will be happy and it will be helpfull.

Many thanks driving.gif

Chris from France

Unless you have very thin arms, the bumper needs to be removed. Each rubber bumper has two studs which pass thru the bumper, secureed by a nut. Just remove the nuts and the rubber pieces will come off. The entire bumper is chrome, including the area beneath the bumperetts. One thing to be concerned with is the possibility that this area may be dented if the car had sustined any front impacts. This did happen to me. One "trick" used to plug the holes is to use a short plow bolt passing thru the bumper. These have round dome shped heads.

good luck.
porschenstock
Many thanks to both of you it will save me some time looking, very helpfull indeed bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.