Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory Workshop Manuals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dcheek
After several attempts to purchase a used 8 volume Factory Repair Manual, is there anyone who knows a source for a scanned PDF version available on a CD? I found one source:

George Allan
#1103-2324 West 1st Ave.
Vancouver BC V6 k 1G3
Canada

Has anyone bought one from him?

Dave

dr914@autoatlanta.com
both the printed and the cd in stock.
computers4kids
I have a set, but want to hold on to them, but I do know a guy that has a set for sale not listed in the usual places. PM me if interested.
drew365
I also have a set I'm planning on selling soon. It's brand new with all the pages still in the envelopes, the binders have never been used. My car quickly evolved into a track car and I never needed the manuals.
ConeDodger
I have them on CD. I scanned the whole thing to CD and made a butt load of copies.

If your interested send me a PM... I would need something for my trouble but not much and certainly not the $700 or so I see the original manuals going for.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 2 2008, 12:59 PM) *

I have them on CD. I scanned the whole thing to CD and made a butt load of copies.

If your interested send me a PM... I would need something for my trouble but not much and certainly not the $700 or so I see the original manuals going for.

Any prob's w/copyright infringement?
Pat
type47
also available online ....

(for free)
orthobiz
Good to see you online, Dave!
Go ahead and post a couple of pics of your car, reminds me of when I saw it back in NNJR!!!

Paul
ericread
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 2 2008, 07:49 PM) *

(for free)

Wanna post a link???

ConeDodger
QUOTE(ericread @ Aug 2 2008, 07:05 PM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 2 2008, 07:49 PM) *

(for free)

Wanna post a link???

***Club.com but I think they have been taken down due to a cease and desist order. I could be wrong biggrin.gif
dcheek
Once again 914 World comes through. Now I have several options for the Repair Manuals. Why the push to acquire them? Its time to perform several maintenance issues on my baby. The clutch is slipping due to a leaky rear main seal, the fuel lines need to be replaced (original fuel lines), and the alternator light just came on last week, so I'm assuming the alternator or regulator is shot. Also I have to rebuild the rear calipers, replace the pads and rotor (the fronts have already been done). I plan on gathering everything I need over the next couple of months to begin the process. Part of this includes obtaining the parts and repair manuals to give me all the information I need. I plan on documenting the repair(s) and will be relying on the experts in the "914 World".

I plan on storing the car at my company until I install a lift that a friend of mine has so graciously offered to donate to the project. This way I will be able to have the space and time to do it myself and at my pace. If all goes as planned it will be sometime next year before it everything comes together. In the meantime I will park the 914 and use my 911 for Porsche events.

Thanks to all who have responded to my request.

Dave
dcheek
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Aug 2 2008, 06:53 PM) *

Good to see you online, Dave!
Go ahead and post a couple of pics of your car, reminds me of when I saw it back in NNJR!!!

Paul

Paul,
As requested, this is a picture of my car in the Original Owners Display at the 50th Anniversary of the Porsche Parade at Hershey PA a couple of years ago.
Click to view attachment
dcheek
Just an update:
Ordered a full set of NOS repair manuals from Pelican Parts for $350.00 plus shipping.
8 Gray binders, brand new in the box.

I expect delivery some time this week. I will let you know if they meet my expectations.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.