Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni Red Rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hcdmueller
I got what I thought was a good deal on a set of rear Koni struts for my 914.

They finally showed up and I tore everything down and the one strut is pretty much toast. No damping at all. The other has good damping throughout the range but it locks up solid every 4 or 5 cycles through its motion.

Now I have to decide if I should rebuild them. Does anyone have any experience with that? Is it worth the money or should I just spend a little more and buy a new set? I don't track the car. Just fast road work once and a while.

Thanks,
Chris
biosurfer1
If I recall correctly, its about $75 to have them rebuilt, so I doubt you could get a new one for that. You should call Koni and talk to them about it, they have great customer service.
Joe Ricard
New on's are pretty expensive.
the benefit of having them re-valved is you can get them made for YOUR CAR. the ride will be wonderfull and the handling will be out of this world. You will have to provide some stats of your car to the shop doing the work. They will tell you what they need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.