Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rufio0205
Apparently, unbeknown to me there was someone opening and closing my trunk....and now i cant get the thing open...lock never worked so i know it isn't locked....anyway inside? prybar?
AAA? patience?

EDIT: This is the rear trunk we are talking about now, in case of confusion (:

any suggestions would be great because today was perfect to drive with top off and i couldn't sad.gif
for having it on the road for 2 days after a year of no running...i was a bit peeved.
Joe Bob
Try pushing down on the lid while pushing the button.....
rufio0205
i'm going to end up just cutting the stupid thing off sad.gif
Rusty
I hope no one is trapped inside. blink.gif
rufio0205
nah, just some rust...that's all
carr914
I second pushing down on the lid while pushing the button

T.C.
rufio0205
tried that.... it is like the mechanism that pushes the clip that holds it down is not in the right spot so it never makes contact to move the popping mechanism so it never opens...
PanelBilly
I heard somewhere if you push the trunk down and then push the button, it helps.

I love this kind of humor...
Rusty
Alternatively, you could press the button... but before you do, be sure to push down on the trunk lid.

Just an "outside the box" solution. confused24.gif
AgPete139
I had a problem like this, but my lock wasn't working at all and was rusted/seized shut. I got a small prybar and a ratcheting box wrench and manually loosened the 2 nuts (13 mm?) that attach to the trunk lid. It may take a while with a box wrench (well, open end), but it will definitely get the job done. And the weatherstripping wasn't a problem. Just be careful and slow; if you're forceful, you may scratch your paint. mad.gif

But yea...good luck man.

Pete
McMark
Get two of the longest extensions Craftsman makes and a 10mm socket. Open the engine lid (yes engine) and poke your head in there. Looking toward the back you should be able to see the locking mechanism, carefully insert your long tool, and undo the two bolts. Ta-da it's open and nothing is bent/broken/messed up.
scotty b
Break one of your taillights all to shit. Then you can reach inside and manually activate it. Post closed
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Rusty @ Aug 2 2008, 03:22 PM) *

I hope no one is trapped inside. blink.gif

Jimmy Hoffa is already dead....
melnyk
smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 2 2008, 08:29 PM) *

Break one of your taillights all to shit. Then you can reach inside and manually activate it. Post closed

rufio0205
tail lights are too expensive but it gives me a good reason to do the conversion to the circular ones that look 100% better that ONLY cost $250...

long extensions could work...i'll give that a shot tomorrow...maybe..if i have enough extensions..
Dr Evil
I forget which lens it is, but one side is harder to come by where as the other side most people have a few of.
SGB
Mine hangs up too. One time I got it to pop free by pushing the button all the way down with a piece of steel then whacking the end with a hammer to impact against the already depressed button and get that last little bit of travel.
IronHillRestorations
Open the engine lid and push in one of the plastic cups (for the roof latch), which will give you a good access hole. You should be able to activate the latch with a piece of gas welding rod, or that 2 iron (which will probably prove the most usefull fuction of your 2 iron) rusting in your golf bag.
rufio0205
one person push the lock cylinder as far as possible inward with the key in it, for added stability...whilst one person pulls up on the lid with as much "umph" as possible. worked like a charm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.