what a tease, i need more!
Mueller
QUOTE(koozy @ Aug 3 2008, 05:35 AM) *

1 More, then I need to get out of here for day two of the event

Click to view attachment

is that Grants car??

I never got the chance to meet him, or at least I don't remember smile.gif

Chris Pincetich
Thanks Mike K! for the photos, 914world Paddock can use more action beerchug.gif
I helped Nathan and Grant tear stuff off that 914 to get it to where it is today like in the photo. Pristine parts were removed, and I got to keep some in exchange for the work, or maybe because Grant is just so generous beerchug.gif

Sunday at the Shootout was the most exciting AX I've been to. I have never seen Andrew B more focussed, taking notes and measurements after every run, and it payed of with the 914 TTOD on Sunday. Go NorCal!

The 2 SCCA Nationals cars were #1 and #3 for times (#3 would have been #2 if the end of the run was clean), those cars had a ton of prep and cool details to drool over. BPR was lookin sweet with the 2 BEST of SHOW 914s for looks + performance combined. I thought JPs car looked interesting/funny with the fat front tire and low profile rear....but it sure worked for goin fastest beerchug.gif
CliffBraun
So I took waay too many pictures sunday, ended up with almost a gig.

I'm uploading every last one of them to a friend's server. I separated it into directories based on car number, and have 24 unique 914's! An excellent showing.

http://lolinter.net/fail/8:3:08/

A couple notes:
If I didn't get a picture of your car, I'm sorry, it means you were probably running right before me (I was grabbing the camera in between runs).

I'm a lousy photographer, so I just dumped everything up there (almost 500 pics). To conserve bandwidth I thus listed cars by their # so you don't have to look at all the lousy shots of other people's cars. I'd love it if you linked the good photos of your/others cars to this or other threads.

Along the above lines, linking 'em here is okay, but I'd appreciate if you rehosted them if you're going to post them outside of the 914 forums.

J P Stein
We had fun. Our can of whuppass was just big enuff. Thanks to zone 7 for putting up with the event.
I do believe we could knock a second or so out of our times by setting up for smooth concrete, but that ain't how we do things. We are ready to go when we show up and load minimum amount of shittage in the truck.....KISS. Tire pressures are all we dick with. There is a local AX this Sunday and the Packwood SCCA National Tour the next weekend....I already have a full time job.biggrin.gif With our 4X4 set up I was concerned about tipping the car over on that surface but the tires never got up close to temp.....maybe 110 deg where 180-200 is best.

Anyhow, ya'll need a pic of the overall winner. Brit woulda (coulda, shoulda) had top time on day 2 had he not spun *after the lights* .....I tole him there was no time to be had there & just play it straight...he doan listen to the old man. He has quick hands, but not quick enuff.::B:
J P Stein
The computer illiterate strikes again......the pic.
koozy
TTOD

Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
Nice work Britt beerchug.gif I always love how JP talks about Britts driving as how "We" did av-943.gif . How did YOU do JP?
J P Stein
I did OK for an old fart....but not good enuff to take Dan's money.
We gotta wait for results for everyone else. Had Brit beaten me by his usual 2 seconds (for that course length) it would have been a walk over. 2nd day I did a 42.05....doan remember the first day......42.3-4 IIRC. TTOD for day 2 was 40.5ish.
Bout the same for day one.

I just build em'. I started too late in life to ever be a good AX driver.....what is your excuse?.biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 5 2008, 11:27 AM) *

I did OK for an old fart....but not good enuff to take Dan's money.
We gotta wait for results for everyone else. Had Brit beaten me by his usual 2 seconds (for that course length) it would have been a walk over. 2nd day I did a 42.05....doan remember the first day......42.3-4 IIRC. TTOD for day 2 was 40.5ish.
Bout the same for day one.

I just build em'. I started too late in life to ever be a good AX driver.....what is your excuse?.biggrin.gif

I have five events and five 100s. What else do I need to do? laugh.gif

Nice work JP. Those are nice times for anyone.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 5 2008, 11:47 AM) *

I have five events and five 100s. What else do I need to do? laugh.gif

Nice work JP. Those are nice times for anyone.

Life is easier farther down the food chain.biggrin.gif

Ask Daniels or Bauer. Kick ass up here & picked to win the Nats in CSP 2007......had an off day or 2 & got waxed. I felt bad for em' even tho WE are waxees up here.
SirAndy
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 5 2008, 11:36 AM) *

waxees

I like it! biggrin.gif

Let's do some creative cross-posting ... rolleyes.gif

Here's me letting the smoke out of my tires:

IPB Image
SirAndy
I took the advice from the guys at Jerry Woods and ran mine much higher than before. I was told to start at around 30 and work my way down if i didn't like the result.

This weekend, i had them set to 28lbs in the front and 30lbs in the rear. The compound on my 9" GoodYear's is the R250, which i believe is the softest for the 7x15 rims ...

The car felt great with those pressures, i gained about 1lbs front/rear each 2 runs and Trekkor took the tire temps in the front (the rear was clearly overworked with all that smoke i was letting out) and the temp was even across the whole tire within 5 degrees!

Another thing JWE confirmed is that you have to go easy on the negative camber. Anywhere between 0 and -1, depending on your car.
I ran -1 all around and from the tire wear, it looks like i might have to back off a bit, i think i'll go back to -0.5, especially with the higher pressures that reduce tire-roll ...

Just my observations, of course. Your milage may vary!
driving.gif Andy

PS: It was good seeing someone else drive my car. Gives you a whole new perspective on what the car does in certain situations and what it is capable of.

PPS: I still can't believe those tires lasted as long as they did! I bought those from Bill P. years ago used(!) and put quite a few heatcycles on them since. The tire softener really worked and they had plenty of grippage. Well, until Brad and i started to let the smoke out of them. All 4 were down to the cords by then end of sunday, the left rear being the worst.

PPPS: I need a limited slip! Anybody got a Guard LSD for sale?
koozy
Andy:

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(koozy @ Aug 5 2008, 12:01 PM) *

Andy

Thank you Sir! pray.gif

Sorry i was a bit short when you stopped, i was on the phone with my GF who had been late and lost and i was trying to give her directions ...
bye1.gif Andy

PS: As you can see, i finally figured out Andrew Blyholder's secret and added a "EASY" sticker to my car! What a difference ...
koozy
No problem. I saw you were on the phone so I didn't stop for too long. Great to meet you though.

Yea, great idea.... I need to get one of those stickers. Should shave at least 2 seconds of my slow ass.... ha ha ha

koozy
Me

Click to view attachment
J P Stein
Andy:
I'd go to zero in the rear. Your car squats under the gun bumping up the negative camber....you wanna keep then as flat as possible at that point.
CliffBraun
Same pics as above, but with less bandwith pain (see a preview of everything):
http://lolinter.net/fail/8:3:08/914.html
SirAndy
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 5 2008, 01:13 PM) *

Andy:
I'd go to zero in the rear. Your car squats under the gun bumping up the negative camber....you wanna keep then as flat as possible at that point.

Yupp, looks like i'm gaining quite a lot of negative camber under load ...
dry.gif Andy

SirAndy
3rd gear burnout ... biggrin.gif

J P Stein
Here's Brit & I waving at the crowd. I'm #4.
I watched Tom Kotizan pick up a wheel in the shitbox at the entry of a sweeper and kept it up thru a chicago box & to the corner exit of the sweeper.
That, my friends, is throttle control.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.