Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Waterford Hills Historic 50-Years of Road Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi All,

We had a big Auto weekend in MI Saturday & Sunday with the Waterford Hills Historic Races celebrating 50-years of Road Racing & a companion event with Meadow Brook 30th. Annual Concours d'Elegance.

I took my two grandkids (Joshua & Jacob) to the races on Saturday. They are 3-1/2 & 6-years old so they only lasted about 5-hours till they got antsie & I had to take them home for another outing. I was not able to get many photo's because they boys needed close supervision. I was amazed the racers in the paddock offered to let them sit in their cars without me asking. One of them said, this is the age to get them interested in racing. I like being a grandfather. pray.gif They call my car "Yellow Bird".

Tom
BTW: I didn't see any 914's but my buddy Glenn said he saw (2) 914-6's in the parking lot. Hope he posts a picture. I'll post about (20) photo's of all kinds of stuff.

Enjoy. popcorn[1].gif
TJB/914
Page #2

T
TJB/914
Page #3

T
TJB/914
Page #4

T
TJB/914
Page # 5

T
BTW: That's all for Saturday's event. I'll post later the Concours d'Elegance from today (Sunday).
kpfoten
Great pics! I'm over in Plymouth--anyone meeting up for any of the shows (Woodward, etc)?

TJB/914
QUOTE(kpfoten @ Aug 3 2008, 03:29 PM) *

Great pics! I'm over in Plymouth--anyone meeting up for any of the shows (Woodward, etc)?

Kris,

We need to talk, we have a large group of 914er's in the area. Send me a personal reply how to get in touch.

Tom
TJB/914
Forgot to add these last few

Tom
drewvw

Love the pics...has me itchin' for some vintage racing.
championgt1
Great to see the kids involved. Lots of fun!
i love porsche
im in love with that alfa romeo
trapper
beerchug.gif Hi Tom, These are the two sixes that were in the parking area when I arrived on Saturday. Since my six is still in the shop we were in my Boxster. I have seen both of these cars before, the black one in the Waterford paddock some years ago. I think they both belong to our buddies in the Southeast Michigan Region, maybe they can let us know who they are. GlennClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
tod914
Nice shots Tom. Did the Judges gig the 914-6 owners a point for having smudged license plates?
trapper
I smudged the plates because I know some folks don't like their plate on the web. These cars weren't being judged, they were just parked in the parking area at the
Waterford Hills historic races,. Tom will post pics of the show cars at Meadowbrook coucours later. Glenn driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.