Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sucking questions....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sleepin
Tinkering on the 1.8 today, found some more vaccum hoses that I need to replace. Looked at the Pelican diagram and....

They show this:
IPB Image

...but what I have is this:
IPB Image

Yes, the decel valve is not hooked to any 5mm hose, just an open nipple.

First question, why is this working?

Second question, if this is working should I change it?

Third question, seems the EGR is no longer hooked to the exhaust, can I run the hoses the way they should be, and then eliminate the EGR by running a hose from the rubber throttle tube to the 710 fill directly?
Sleepin
icon_bump.gif anyone?

Any ramifications if I throw the EGR in the parts bin?
ericread
So I'm assuming you have a 75 or 76 teener? And you're located in Colorado?

There has been a lot of discussion recently about our car's current exemption from smog testing. For California, we are exempt from testing, but not exempt from keeping our existing SMOG devices working properly.

If you were in CA, I would highly recommend that you keep your SMOG devices, as you may need them in the future should you be required to be inspected, or should the SMOG rules change.

I don't have any idea of the laws of Colorado, but you should check these out before you chuck anything.

As for the decel valve, my understanding is that by slightly slowing down the engine decelleration, it prevents unburnt gas from venting through the exhaust (I know this is a very simplistic explanation - so shoot me laugh.gif. Not necessary for your engine to run, but the smae SMOG issues apply (see above).

BTW; your pics didn't come through. Can you try to re-post?

Eric Read wavey.gif
Sleepin
hmmm....damn Photobucket.

Anyways, yup 75 1.8L. No smog or inspections whatesoever here in Western Colorado. I can keep it in the parts bin, and reinstall it if I ever sell the car or move.

PP Diagram:
Sleepin
Diagram of how my car is hosed: (hosed biggrin.gif )

ericread
Sounds like you're all over it. Thanks for the pic repost.

Eric

Sleepin
So .... what i am figuring on doing is cutting the tubing on the blue line, and then running hose where the yellow line is. That way the crankcase is still vented into the intake and the EGR is eliminated.

Discuss this amongst yourselves....

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.