Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 6 SEAT--Scheel type?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
callmeracerx
WTF.gif So--got tired of running my SPARCO racing seat with the 5 point harness.
Want to replace my Sparco seat with a Scheel type seat that would allow the 5 point harness--I am in the San Diego Region, which also requires 5 pt harness sub-belt access!! could you advise what seats I should take into consideration for my 914-6? Want to use my original rails as well.
smash.gif
chris914
I went down to the San Diego Autocross and tried out everyone’s seat before I bought one. I went with the UltraShield. I bolted mine to the stock rails. I have a template to drill the holes in the seat if you want.
callmeracerx
Just checked out the ultrashield website--
thanks for the advise--but I should have clarified that I am trying to get back the original look-in other words, I have checked out the GTS and the Italian seats advertised in the Panorama--and just wanted to get some feedback if these are the best seats that reproduce the looks of the old Scheel type seats?
or are there any other vendors that I should consider?
chris914
Have you looked here?

http://www.camp914.com/products/bfseats.html
callmeracerx
The lemans and the Nurburgring seats are the ones I am interested--
I spoke with the owner, Stephen--very nice person and almost ready to purchase from him---GTS seats.

Before I bought , I wanted to get any feedback on pros or cons for the GTS owners or for the other company, called Italian Seats--which are similar to GTS.

I like the GTS for their sub-belt access, and still keeping the original 914 seat look.

I checked out your website-link--very impressive on the various interests you got--we should talk real time some time---I started with some amateur radio interest and let it go for some time--

THanks for your support!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.