Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh Air Motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AvalonFal
Cleaned up all the fresh air controls on the dash, checked all grounds and fuse, but fresh air motor doesn't work. Pulled the air box and the fan cage spins OK by hand. Have 12V at the motor wire connection, but still doesn't operate. Does this mean the motor is dead?? Or is there something else I can try? Any thoughts appreciated

Paul
ericread
Does your post indicate that you ran some wire directly from the battery positive and negative to the motor and it still doesn't run? Sounds dead to me.

Eric
AvalonFal
I connected a 12V source directly to the motor connections.

How does the motor remove from the housing?? Do the 4 clips hold it in??

Paul
ericread
BFH??? lol3.gif

Sorry, no help here. I have never bothered with the motor. I'm sure somebody with more experience in this area will chime in here soon.

Eric

JmuRiz
Why hasn't anyone figured out a way to make an improved replacement for this part? Mine is dead and I have no idea how to fix it or where to get a replacement.
Katmanken
How are the brushes in the motor? Worn? If they are carbon, you might be able to buy or fab some replacements.

Ken
roadster fan
The four "hog ring" looking things hold the two halves of the housing together which holds the motor and fan.

I have one apart right now trying to fix it. mine was filled with leaves, bugs, dirt, grime and spins but very slowly with 12v attached. Nothing to lose, so I am digging in to try and rejuvenate. I think the bearings are corroded on mine creating drag on the small motor. I will post my results.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.