Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: August 4th...last year, "The Howard" left the building.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
You can post your thoughts and pics here.

I miss the old guy..... huh.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JoeSharp
wub.gif
Deckman posted a pic of Howie taging his car with me watching, he busted us and when I saw the car last Sunday the tag was still there.
HeloMech
Yay Howie! piratenanner.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

tdgray
I miss our point-counter point - insult "conversations" in the sandbox and elsewhere.

Still missin ya Uncle Howie from your favorite "bean counter"
KaptKaos
Howard was a unique guy. He could tell a dirty joke to a room full of women and get laughs (I wish I could do that).

He was a kind and gentle fellow with a bad golf swing. He was well read, making comments on Ayn Rand and Douglas Adams.

I miss the old man. =(
bondo
I'm still using the "My friend Howard" skin here on 914 world, and I think I'll probably keep using it as long as it's available! biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Got ya both Mikey.
Eric_Shea
Hilarious song...

IPB Image

In his element. He said he would watch the kids at "Uncle Howie's Daycare" but what we didn't realize is, he meant it. He loved the kids:

IPB Image
TonyAKAVW
Yesterday a bunch of us met up at the Village Coffee Roaster (one of Howard's favorite places) saw some cars,shot ths shit for a while and then went to Services at Our Lady Of Mulholland in honor of the one year mark of his passing. We had a great time and the only reason this happened was because of Howard and the great drives hosted and led. Howard was there in spirit with us on what will undoubtedly be one of my most memorable drives.

He kept the roads clear of slow moving minivans and sedans, but threw in an absurdely slow woman on a motrcycle (literally doing no more than 15 mph down hill) just to remind us he's there. The weather was perfect, the road conditions excellent, no major mechanical problems and everyone kept the hiny side up. At the Grandstands (a spot where you can sit and watch the cars and bikes go by) there was a group of Fiat X1/9s, Howard definitely had something to do with them being there!

So thanks Howard for getting us guys together to have a great time, and thanks for training your worthy replacement Dekman in the fine art of leading succesful drives on Mulholland.

-Tony

"Howard is my copilot"
gary gartner

Nice job, tony

Gary beerchug.gif
McMark
I can't believe it's been a year. Miss ya' Buddy!
Joe Bob
His car is for sale in the classifieds.....

SUZI
ThinAir
As usual, I'm late to the party, but not because I forgot about it on the 4th. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't remember Howard and some very good times, especially at RRC and the Route 66 Classic. Thanks to Mike Wills and his windshield banners from last year's RRC I frequently get to tell strangers about Howard when they ask me "What is thehowardagency.com?"
plymouth37
What a great guy, he was always a great source of support, humor, and friendship.
The enzo hose fiasco still makes me laugh when ever I come across this pic:
Click to view attachment
I miss you buddy.
jimtab
I was thinking of Howie when I drove the 430 in Monaco, he would have given me shit for driving a "Eurotrash car" in such a holy place....I miss him all the time, he was such a force in the 914 community, and a free spirit and free thinker, an inspiration to us all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.