Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy 225# rear springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joseph Mills
Not that there is anything wrong with Paragon. I believe they "order" the higher rates. I'd just like to shop around a bit.

I'm looking for 2.5" inner diameter, non-progressive, 225#.

Seems Pelican only offers 180#. There must be other distributors with a wide range of selection.

Or even better maybe someone on this board? beerchug.gif
fiid
I got my springs (Eibach coilovers with adjustable perches) from Ground Control on brad's recommendation. I like them a lot, and my ride height is nice and low now.

smilie_pokal.gif
machina
the springs are standard race items from hypercoil, eibach, etc. You can order them pretty cheap from coleman race products. Most of the "kits" available use springs and hats from coleman.

http://www.colemanracing.com/prodex/cat.ht...?cat=SUSPENSION

most race parts supply houses stock them.

dr
cork
I've got #250.
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Jan 30 2004, 01:31 PM)
the springs are standard race items from hypercoil, eibach, etc. You can order them pretty cheap from coleman race products.

dr

DR - Thanks for the URL....Coleman looks good.

I know I need 2.5 ID, but can't remember....do I need the 8" or 10"? confused24.gif

Hey thanks Cork. Do you mean for sale?
machina
you need to set your car at ride ht and measure. I think either one will work but it depends on your shocks, setup, etc.

dr
rdracrdave
I usually buy coilover springs from Jegs , The dragracer guys .
They have good prices and selection and usually ship quickly . The brand that they carry is QA-1 , The same co. as the shock mfg.
They carry a much larger selection than their catalog or website lists , so just call and ask the order guy for what you want.
Coleman is a good source for coilover kits as is Day Motorsports in Texas.Both have websites to reference .
I use a 10" Spring on the rear of my 914 GT2 racer , so that should give you a starting point.

Good luck
Dave
cork
Yes, I'm at work, I can tell you more about them on saturday, but they may be the same as Colman's. To stiff for my car I just wanted the coil over parts.
campbellcj
Coleman, Hoerr and Pegasus all carry the Hyperco springs for around the same price.
KenH
GPR in San Luis Obisbo has H&R at good pricing.

I used 10.5" but they could have been a bit longer.

Ken
BIGKAT_83
Try Afco racing. I got a set of 225lb springs on sale last summer for $25 each

Bob wink.gif

http://www.secureperformanceorder.com/afco...3&CategoryID=17
rhodyguy
coleman's breather tank with the petcock is pretty neat!! i wonder what size the inlet fitting is? that could be a nice unit for carbed cars if the inlet worked with the hose for the oil fill tower.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.