Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rufio0205
Does the Dansk Dual Center sport muffler fit a stock 914 2.0??

if it doesn't, which is what i hear...what is the best exhaust set up for the price, sound, and performance?
Joe Bob
Everything will fit with a little welding. Dansk usually makes stuff for 6 cylinder cars like 911s and later. What does the catalog or seller say?

74 and earlier 911 mufflers will fit 914/6....but that't about all.

Type IV motors need a cross over pipe so look for one that mixes from both sides with a single exhaust tip. It also depends on the engine...stock, mild or wild?
rufio0205
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 5 2008, 11:15 AM) *

Everything will fit with a little welding. Dansk usually makes stuff for 6 cylinder cars like 911s and later. What does the catalog or seller say?

Type IV motors need a cross over pipe so look for one that mixes from both sides with a single exhaust tip. It also depends on the engine...stock, mild or wild?

neither of us knew. but assumed it was only for /6. i just wanted to know for sure. and i think i just found my answer.

i have a stock 73 2.0....not mild nor wild. just rusty. looking to upgrade to something a little nicer maybe a little more BA. (bad ace).

and i liked the dansk style
r_towle
QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Aug 5 2008, 11:21 AM) *

QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 5 2008, 11:15 AM) *

neither of us knew. but assumed it was only for /6. i just wanted to know for sure. and i think i just found my answer.

i have a stock 73 2.0....not mild nor wild. just rusty. looking to upgrade to something a little nicer maybe a little more BA. (bad ace).

and i liked the dansk style

Dansk makes the original 2.0 liter muffler (type 4) also.
There was an article in the old Up-fixen der Porsche that detailed how to make a stock muffler into the dual tip BA muffler.

Also, search here for muffler and Aarron Cox. He did do this modification, and he posted pics and a how to guide.

Rich
GeorgeRud
The stock 2.0 muffler is very good, don't think you'll do better on the aftermarket.

Listen to a dual tipped sport muffler before cutting yours up - they can be quite annoying on a street driven car.

JMHO
rufio0205
well my stock tip...is somewhere in orlando...and my car is in my garage....and the rest...probably rusted just as bad...so, when i am get something..i might as well get the best that i can..even if that is the stock exhaust..
Dave_Darling
I put a "sport-ized" stock sausage muffler on my car for a while. It was loud. Louder than the Bursch I currently have; almost as loud as the headers with Supertrapp that other cars I've been around have had.

--DD
DEC
Here a link to download the Dansk catalogue and many VW and Porsche
content

http://www.jpgroup.dk/intro.asp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.