Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS:914/6 Race Car, Race Ready, SOLD!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
danmuldowney@comcast.net
1974 Porsche 914-6 2.2 liter Race Car: Very fast. Very light. Drives, handles and shifts like a shifter cart, only bigger! Everything that can be done to the car, and still be safe, has been done! Current PCA and Vintage / VSCR log books. Professionally built and maintained by Bob Viau and his team at Auto Edge for the last 10 years. PCA GT5R or S class. PCA, NASA, SCCA, POC and Vintage legal. Current PCA inspection, (4/20/07).

Very reliable. Recent rebuild on engine and transmission with test hours only. New suspension. 15 podium finishes in last 20 starts.

Engine: (Andail / Porsche Motorsports Specs. Recent rebuild with test hours only)
• 2.2 liter twin plug six cylinder
• Webber 40 carburetors
• Induction Research flowed 2.4 liter Porsche twin plug heads
• Extensive machining to case and crank
• Pauter Rods, 70 mm stroke
• J&E Pistons custom coated 81mm. 9.8/1 compression
• Custom Web Cams, 104/102 grind
• Titanium retainers with Jerry Woods high tension valve springs
• Tuned length headers with EGT probes, Jet Hot ceramic coated
• Sport tuned stainless steel muffler
• Peterson 16qt front mount oil tank with heater, front cooler and Accusump pre-lube
• All Aeroquip hoses with Earls fittings
• Electromotive crank fire – waste spark ignition
• Turbo valve covers
• New wiring with blade style fuses, all labeled
• Front mounted case breather system with catch can
• Facet electronic fuel pump with micron filters
• 17 gallon fuel cell

Suspension: (New suspension with test hours only)
• Front: Bilstein RSR 220/100 valveing Mono ball mounting
• Koni double adjustable rear.
• Hypercoil springs
• SMR Bump steer kit
• Adjustable front sway bar with mono ball links
• All mono ball or Delrin bushings

Brakes: (This car has way more brakes than it needs!)
• 1986 930 front calipers and rotors on the front and rear,
• Cross drilled rotors
• Stainless steel lines
• Adjustable proportioning valve

Sequential Transmission:
• Porsche case / bell housing containing a Hewland Webster Mark 9 with Mark 5 gears
• PBS sequential shift linkage
• New dog rings
• Ratios: Ring and Pinion: 8/31 1st 12/31 2nd 17/29 3rd 16/23 4th 19/24 5th 24/27
• Quafe limited slip differential

Tub / Chassis: (Very stiff chassis! Absolutely no rust!)
• Porsche tub with 914 GT fiberglass body panels from GT Racing
• All fiberglass body except door skins
• Full custom roll cage welded to the chassis with all suspension points tied in
• NASCAR style intrusion bars on the driver side.
• Factory rear suspension reinforcement plates welded in with additional custom reinforcement
• Reinforced rockers
• Floor pans and rockers replaced last year with NOS parts.
• Paint is a 7 ½ out of 10, Rino-tape on the front end. Some race rash on Rino-Tape in the front. Small dent on the top of the windshield hoop otherwise in great shape!
• Custom gages. Tachometer, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, EGT gages for each cylinder
• AIM Data Acquisition System
• Custom center panel with EGT switches, Ignition, Accusump activator, Cool Suit air and water regulators, Radio push to talk.
• Rebuilt pedal cluster with bronze bushings, (stock was prone to fail)
• 914 GT Engine cover, (for better cooling)
• Removable GT Racing down force wing, (additional lip spoiler included)

Safety:
• Autoshield aluminum seat bolted to the floor and the roll cage
• Lexan windshield with anti scratch coating.
• Large convex rear view mirror
• Areo convex side mirrors
• SPA fire system with jets on the fuel cell, engine and driver. Activation switches on the outside and inside of the car
• Battery cut off switch
• New Simpson 6 point harnesses
• Cool Suit air and water system, (Cool Shirts not included)
• Wired for radios, (radios not included)
• Removable Sparco steering wheel with quick release

Spares included:
• 3 Front air dams
• 2 Sets of 8 x 15 Fuch wheels
• 8 New Hoosier racing slicks
• 6 Fuel cans
• Custom fuel funnel
• Set of new brake pads
• Several fuel and oil filters
• Some other little parts, (shift cable, clutch cable, bumper, engine cover, engine shroud)

I would like to get $25,000 or trade for 993, 996, 964, or 308. [/b] Contact danmuldowney@comcast.net or (952) 941-2039
danmuldowney@comcast.net
I can't get pic to up load. If you want pics of the car, send me an email and I will send them to you
danmuldowney@comcast.net
Folks, I am willing to go as low as $32,500. Would consider trades for a street car or street car + cash. 993, 996, 930, 968 most interesting. No convertables. Interested?
danmuldowney@comcast.net
pics
danmuldowney@comcast.net
pics
danmuldowney@comcast.net
I would trade for a street car. Looking for a 996, 993, 964, 930, or 968 coup + cash. Anyone want to trade?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(danmuldowney@comcast.net @ Aug 19 2008, 08:25 PM) *

I would trade for a street car. Looking for a 996, 993, 964, 930, or 968 coup + cash. Anyone want to trade?

I have a '71 E Targa roller and a buncha parts, including a 915/67 and a '75 2,7S core. Probably not what you're looking for, but it's all I've got...

You have a beautiful car but I suspect we're miles apart on price...
(and mine will be streetable when I'm done, which I'm guessing yours isn't, really, without even more work than mine :-) )
teveo
Dan,

Just curious, do you have a clear title? Do you have the power to weight ratio for the car?

I am looking for a car for next season porsche club racing.

Btw, what muffler are you running and how many decibels? I need a muffler for my 74/2.7 Bumblebee..

rgds Trond

danmuldowney@comcast.net
The car weighs 2000 lbs. The horsepower is just shy of 250. As for the muffler it is a Dansk twin outlet stainless steel "performer" muffler. Most tracks have a sound check and this muffler always passes. I dont know the decibles however.

Yes the car has a clear title. Since the car is no where near "street legal" the title is sort of un needed.
Chance
QUOTE(danmuldowney@comcast.net @ Aug 20 2008, 03:37 PM) *

Yes the car has a clear title. Since the car is no where near "street legal" the title is sort of un needed.

That depends on your market. Here in NC everything 30+ yrs old requires ZERO inspections or emissions checks so it's very street legal.
danmuldowney@comcast.net
Believe me when I say that this car is in no way, shape, or form "street legal". It would be like driving a NASCAR car on the street. No headlights, no windshield wipers, no turn signals, no front marker lights, no license plate light, a 3 inch ride hight that wouldnt clear a speed bump and the suspension would rattle your teeth out on city streets. Not to mention that the car is so low most drivers wouldnt see you in their mirrors.

Minnesota dosent have inspection or emission check either. I have a friend who is a state cop. He said if he saw me driving my car on the street he would lock me up a throw away the key!

You could try it but I wouldnt recommend it...........
danmuldowney@comcast.net
$30,000 or trade for 993, 996, 964, 968 + cash, or other interesting trades. BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Mercedes, other European marks considered.
danmuldowney@comcast.net
bump
danmuldowney@comcast.net
I am out of space. Too many projects. Need to sell. Reduced to $25,000!
danmuldowney@comcast.net
SOLD!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.