Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GAF 2008
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
The buzz is GAF in Ventura is on for 2008! September 13/14th. More as I hear it ..................... The Cap'n
markb
clap56.gif
JWest
Here is the info:

World Class Motoring is proud to announce that the 2008 Ventura Show will
indeed take place this year. The official dates are September 13th and
14th, 2008. We would like to invite all of the past vendors, exhibitors,
and attendees to contact us directly so that we can expedite the process of
registration and the set up of vendor spaces.

We will be managing the show and working in conjunction with Bob Campbell
this year, and although time is short we will make every effort to make the
show fun and profitable for all participants, and the transition as seamless
as possible.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

World Class Motoring

5076 Chesebro Rd

Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Phone:

(800) 986-4977

(818) 706-9999

Fax:

(818) 706-9990

Email Contacts:

Vendor Spaces and Inquiries: doug@worldclassmotoring.com

General Questions and Information: eddie@worldclassmotoring.com

Sponsorship Opportunities and Club Participation:
fred@worldclassmotoring.com

Eddie Kosakoski

World Class Motoring

eddie@worldclassmotoring.com

818-706-9999

818-706-9990 fax

www.worldclassmotoring.com
ericread
YAY! aktion035.gif

I enjoyed the show last year, and will plan to attend in September.

Eric Read
carreraguy
Glad to hear its in the works!
Was GAF in danger of being cancelled? I'll admit I was somewhat disappointed the last time I went in 2006 as the swap meet seemed to be the biggest draw and it was basically all over in a few hours (the early birds ruled for sure).
What's new/different this year; i.e. is there any reasons to attend for other than the swapmeet?
Later,
Jake Raby
Charles from LN will be there with all our Boxster and 996 goodies on display!!!

I'll be shooting video and can't make it.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Aug 6 2008, 03:23 PM) *

Glad to hear its in the works!
Was GAF in danger of being cancelled? I'll admit I was somewhat disappointed the last time I went in 2006 as the swap meet seemed to be the biggest draw and it was basically all over in a few hours (the early birds ruled for sure).
What's new/different this year; i.e. is there any reasons to attend for other than the swapmeet?
Later,

Here's what the organizers said a couple of months ago:

Dear Porsche Friends,

This message is sent to you by Bob & Karen Campbell, founders of The Ventura Show.

"We would like to inform everyone of our intention to step down as organizers of The Ventura Show. After 14 years of producing Porsche meets around Southern California including all the Dunkel events, we find that our grandkids and summer schedules are taking preference. We think it's somebody else's turn to have all the fun, so we will not be producing a show for 2008.

We have made so many new friends over the years, our wish is that the Ventura Show will continue, so we may attend and spend more time with our now "old" friends. To that end, the Ventura Show is available to any person, group or business as a profitable, turn-key production. Please contact us if you have any interest in ownership of the Ventura Show.

Thank you for all your support and all the good memories,

Bob & Karen"

There are all sorts of rumors out there, I was told today that the city wanted to run their own version, and others have said someone wanted to do a pre-Monterey Historics thing (of course the timing would have been a month off). All BS. Bob is simply tired of the demands of his various ventures.

He's found someone to move in and run it under his guidance for now, and it promises to be a good thing for what it is. Considering the poor participation and turnout of the Performance Products swap meet and open house, it can only be better. I'm hoping there'll be a good turnout for GAF, and I hope everyone present has a great time.

The Cap'n
Carlitos Way
that's taken from their web site: GAF
carreraguy
QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Aug 6 2008, 05:15 PM) *

that's taken from their web site: GAF

Thanks - saw that.
Still a little sketchy on details re: 2008 plans. I wish the organizers all the best but time is very short and I'll need more info before I make the drive/hotel reservations etc.
Later,
Gint
Figures... We'll be in S.F. that weekend.
computers4kids
I especially enjoyed the swapmeet...bunch of 911 guys discarding thier 914 stuff. Many of them had their teener junk in the garage for so long that they were out of touch with what some of our parts are going for now...made some good scores.

PS Will they let me bring my bastard 914 with a V-8 for the show (not that I care about showing but you get front row on the grass parking)? happy11.gif
jim_hoyland
Swap meet has been good to 914's. I think it gets the biggest 914 turnout.
Joe Bob
Bob Campbell posts on the 356 list...I did a WTF post over there....no response.
Carlitos Way
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 6 2008, 08:35 PM) *

Bob Campbell posts on the 356 list...I did a WTF post over there....no response.

He's too busy with life and the grandkids?

C:>
Joe Bob
I emailed them....
The response....notice that he didn't start with Dear Dipshit or Mr. Hairy Butt... dry.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hello Mike,

The Ventura Show is indeed back on and being put on by World Class Motoring. Thank you for your inquiry, and please feel free to contact us with any questions.

I’ve included an attachment with the information.

Sincerely,

Eddie

Eddie Kosakoski

World Class Motoring

eddie@worldclassmotoring.com

818-706-9999

818-706-9990 fax

www.worldclassmotoring.com

SirAndy
They posted in the events forum:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=86804

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.