Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear coilovers - washer/bumper setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I have the aluminum had (which sits in the spring).

On top of the shaft is a large flat washer, that only goes to a certain point, because the shock shaft diameter increases)

On top of the large flat washer are the two rubber pieces with the internally threaded sleeve.

On top of that is a smaller washer

And then the locking nut.

Will this work?

(and I'll ziptie the spring to the hat too!)
Qarl
When I assembled my front struts, I cut down the rubber bump stops (per recommendations from SmartRacing),

Anyways, I utilized the two leftover pieces as bump stops for the rear shocks.

Of course, if I ever bottom out that much, then I'm probably screwed!
DNHunt
Karl

I can't see a thing. Did Andy help you take the pictures? Not sure I could help you if I could see. Maybe I shouldn't have celebrated fixing my exhaust leak. I think I'll take a look at it in the morning

Dave
Zeke
Karl, the rears are Koni Sports with Smart Racing collars?
Qarl
Bilstein sports, with adjustable collars from Patrick Motorsports (they probably get them from SmartRacing).
ChrisReale
ask Chris Campbell, he had some issues with his Bilsteins and coil overs. Or, just be like the rest of us and get some Koni"s laugh.gif
DNHunt
Now that I can see this morning (better monitor than my laptop), the rubber at the top looks right to me. Course I've only done this on my car. I like the collar on your setup better than mine. Mine has the set screw going directly against the threaded sleeve. Eventually it will ruin the treads. Got mine from Jason at Paragon.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.