Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found a photo of my '72 that was taken in '78
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
I found this photo in a box of pictures this week.

The wire wheel hubcaps didn't last long and I ran with bare steelies for years.

Enjoy!

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
This is almost as exciting as your last post Mike! biggrin.gif

Hey... IT'S FRIDAY!! av-943.gif
So.Cal.914
I'M BLIND!!!
markb
Me too. sad.gif
rmital
huh.gif
ConeDodger
You guys have no imagination... Thank you. That was a wonderful picture and a great way to start the day!!!
URY914
Must have been a bad dust storm.
KELTY360
That'll buff out.
championgt1
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
I think he was just telling us he "found" the picture. Said nothing about posting it. lol3.gif
biosurfer1
the thread title has the little paper clip icon at the front, I always thought that meant there was a picture attached to the thread??
Hammy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 8 2008, 09:45 AM) *

I think he was just telling us he "found" the picture. Said nothing about posting it. lol3.gif

laugh.gif
KELTY360
He said he took the pic right after he got it home......maybe it was really dark. chair.gif
rmital
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Aug 8 2008, 01:09 PM) *

the thread title has the little paper clip icon at the front, I always thought that meant there was a picture attached to the thread??

me too...hence the huh.gif icon
rjames
Great photo! While we're sharing photos, here's one of me and my 914. You'll notice that a topless Angelina Jolie is with me in the car. Enjoy!
KELTY360
QUOTE(rjames @ Aug 8 2008, 11:10 AM) *

Great photo! While we're sharing photos, here's one of me and my 914. You'll notice that a topless Angelina Jolie is with me in the car. Enjoy!

Wow! She CAN nurse both twins at once. Great pic - eat your heart's out paparazzi!
Trevorg7
confused24.gif

T
Kansas 914
Let me try this again........

I laugh everytime I see this picture.

Definitely one of those days!! It should be a good weekend though. My lift was delivered in the garage this week and will assemble it tomorrow.

I will try to post a photo of that as well!

Click to view attachment
schreiber

First time I've seen that "useless without pichers" photo.. Pretty sweet LOL!
URY914
Is that a Pinto behind it?
r_towle
looks like an AMC javelin....

Rich
slow914
wow so even in 78 these cars had sagging rear ends, interesting
Kansas 914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 8 2008, 02:15 PM) *

Hi Paul,

Yep it is (was) a Pinto. Good eye - I bought the car (Pinto) from Bill Currie Ford on Dale Mabry in Tampa - I know you will know the dealer. It had the 2.0L - I added headers, Offy intake, Weber and custom paint by The Raven in Town and Country area. I used to go to Lakeland and AX the Pinto!

I lived in Tampa 34 years. I used to hang out at the Steak and Ale in TT back when they had live bands in them.

sixnotfour
oh ya 1978 smoke.gif green oh ya.
McMark
Very cool! I adjusted the levels...
URY914
WOW what a blast from the past! I went to high school with Bill Curry's daughter. She drove a Mustang.

The Stake and Ale in TT has been about 10 different things, right now it is closed.

What part of town did you live?

Paul

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 8 2008, 07:03 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 8 2008, 02:15 PM) *

Hi Paul,

Yep it is (was) a Pinto. Good eye - I bought the car (Pinto) from Bill Currie Ford on Dale Mabry in Tampa - I know you will know the dealer. It had the 2.0L - I added headers, Offy intake, Weber and custom paint by The Raven in Town and Country area. I used to go to Lakeland and AX the Pinto!

I lived in Tampa 34 years. I used to hang out at the Steak and Ale in TT back when they had live bands in them.

ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 8 2008, 06:52 PM) *

oh ya 1978 smoke.gif green oh ya.

Wow Jeff,
Did SirAndy take that picture? biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
Wow Jeff,
Did SirAndy take that picture?

picture of a slide off the wall and blurry on purpose,
that shirt was way brighter than the irish green-6. class of 78

no wire hubcaps.

And in celebration I am having a car painted Green next week. 78-08
Kansas 914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 8 2008, 08:07 PM) *

WOW what a blast from the past! I went to high school with Bill Curry's daughter. She drove a Mustang.

The Stake and Ale in TT has been about 10 different things, right now it is closed.

What part of town did you live?

Paul

I grew up in South Tampa (Palma Ceia area). My Mom still lives there on Bayshore. It is a lot different here in Kansas - but very easy to live here - except I haven't seen another 914 since I moved here in 2001. Consider yourself lucky to have a network of 914 owners nearby. I have made friends with 911 and Boxter owners - but they don't quite get the 914.......

Cheers!
1970 Neun vierzehn
Hopefully, you've lowered the front end by now. biggrin.gif

Paul
Kansas 914
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 8 2008, 10:43 PM) *

Hopefully, you've lowered the front end by now. biggrin.gif

Paul

Actually I raised the back end - I pulled the motor....

And I lost the "wire wheels".
URY914
Mike

I'll PM you.
nsr-jamie
I love to see the old pictures, thanks for sharing that. I've got some older pictures too but can't seem to find them, need to dig around a bit. Cheers
orthobiz
The beginning of this thread had me in tears!
i needed a good laugh, thanks.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.