Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oatmeal carpet sources ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Anyone know where to get REAL oatmeal carpet by the yard ? We got a length from A.I. last year for an Abarth and it is NOT like the original. The colors are a lot more varied and looks like poo IMHO. I need some of the original style for 2 other ( non Porsche ) cars. I would think the right stuff is available since it was used in Mercedes through at least the 80's confused24.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 9 2008, 07:53 PM) *

Anyone know where to get REAL oatmeal carpet by the yard ? We got a length from A.I. last year for an Abarth and it is NOT like the original. The colors are a lot more varied and looks like poo IMHO. I need some of the original style for 2 other ( non Porsche ) cars. I would think the right stuff is available since it was used in Mercedes through at least the 80's confused24.gif

we have the exact stuff that goes with the white interior on 75-76 models luckily. We are right now in China manufacturing the original charcoal "hair" loop carpeting for all of the 71-74 914s
scotty b

Do you sell it by the yard ?

Can I get a sample ?
Sparky
I prefer my oatmeal in a bowl with a little honey and brown sugar. bootyshake.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Autos International in Escondido, CA

The Cap'n
scotty b
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 10 2008, 03:54 PM) *

Autos International in Escondido, CA

The Cap'n

Cap that's where we got the yardage for the Abarth. That car should have had Porsche/Mercedes oatmeal carpet. As I said what they sent us and what a customer recently bought for his speedster are not like the original. The oatmeal we recieved was a 3 color and the colors were a lot more varied in tone. Original oatmeal was a 2 tone and much more subtle difference.
Rav914
World Upholstery has been able match many samples for me; 911 and 914.
dbgriffith75
It's been a long time since I've done business with these guys but this first one I got some [used] original carpet from him back when I was assessing everything I needed for my /75.

I don't know if he'd have what you're looking for, but the guy's name is Rob, and his email is 914rrr@comcast.net

Another guy I've had good luck getting oddball things from is Bill Whitesides, and I don't know what the etiquette of putting somebody's phone # on the boards is, but I don't have his email. Actually I think to be a little on the safe side, I'll PM you his # so I'm at least not making it public if he doesn't want that.

I can't promise that either one of them would have what you need, but if AA can't come up with anything there's a couple of options for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.