Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need 3 914 RC bodies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
I'm going to build 3 RC cars for the WCR as the top 3 awards. If anyone has not built their car and the body is in as new condition I need it. Oh, and yes I, know AA has them, I just don't feel good enough about them to deal with them.
d914

i've got at least one mabye two that I never touched,,,getting dusty on the shelf. Send me your address, I'll be gone all week cant mail until next weekend

QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Aug 10 2008, 11:22 AM) *

I'm going to build 3 RC cars for the WCR as the top 3 awards. If anyone has not built their car and the body is in as new condition I need it. Oh, and yes I, know AA has them, I just don't feel good enough about them to deal with them.

JoeSharp
Thanks Greg, let me know what you want for them.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Aug 10 2008, 12:47 PM) *

Hi Joe. No problem in dealing with us because we NEVER had the bodies! You are off the hook for your comment!
JoeSharp
I know there are still more RC bodies out there and I will need one more. Sooo. If anyone has another one I would realy like to have it for the event.
ws91420
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 10 2008, 03:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Aug 10 2008, 12:47 PM) *

Hi Joe. No problem in dealing with us because we NEVER had the bodies! You are off the hook for your comment!

Yeah it was your former employee Treadway who had them after he went out on his own. He was the first to try to improve the AA image here.
HeloMech
Ouch!
djm914-6
I think I have another that I started to paint but never finished. I think it only has the liquid mask that I use and no paint but is trimmed.

Let me know if you need it. Also, I can offer my services as a painter too if need be.
Wes V
If you have one to start out with, couldn't you just make a plaster cast and then vacumn mold more??

That has to be how they were done in the first place.

Then you could take the plaster mold, add M471's to it and make one for me.

Wes
JoeSharp
Hey David, I would be happy to take the body off your hands. What do you want for it?
Wes, these cars are 471. I'll post some pic after I get home. I don't think that a narrow body would take the chassie we are using.
djm914-6
PM sent Joe
ArtechnikA
Glad to see you're still out there Dave !
Gustl
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Aug 11 2008, 09:24 PM) *

Wes, these cars are 471. I'll post some pic after I get home.

let me help you out biggrin.gif
djm914-6

Yeah, I'm still here though I mostly lurk around the 914 forums more than post. Until my car is whole and working again, I don't feel I have too much to offer.

Wes, these cars are 471. I'll post some pic after I get home. I don't think that a narrow body would take the chassie we are using.

Yup I agree. the M04L chassis is too wide to a narrow body but IMHO too narrow for a wide body. though it could just be that these are 12" flares and not 7" ones.

For a few pics of the shells, check out my RC Page... http://www.airbostongraphics.com/galRC.htm
nomore9one4
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Aug 11 2008, 02:27 PM) *

Yeah, I'm still here though I mostly lurk around the 914 forums more than post. Until my car is whole and working again, I don't feel I have too much to offer.

Yup I agree. the M04L chassis is too wide to a narrow body but IMHO too narrow for a wide body. though it could just be that these are 12" flares and not 7" ones.

For a few pics of the shells, check out my RC Page... http://www.airbostongraphics.com/galRC.htm

That is some serious talent. Very impressive. smile.gif
HeloMech
This one amazes me everytime I see it. I thought it was a real car when I first saw it... couldn't figure out why it was in that gallery... lol

IPB Image
Wes V
I like the crack in the windshield!!

Wes
JoeSharp
Sooo... I've been propositioned by David.

I think we may have our first sponsor for the event. I still will have to talk to the commitee to see what we need to do about it.
djm914-6
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Aug 11 2008, 10:32 PM) *

This one amazes me everytime I see it. I thought it was a real car when I first saw it... couldn't figure out why it was in that gallery... lol

That one was practice for what was supposed to be the next 914 shell. I masked off the shell but never finished the project. Maybe another time.

Sooo... I've been propositioned by David.
I think we may have our first sponsor for the event. I still will have to talk to the commitee to see what we need to do about it.

Just let me know Joe. I don't have much to give, but I can spare a little paint and some time.
JoeSharp
Your time is worth a lot of money. I really think it would be the best option. At this time we have no logo or as for that goes, anything relating to the event. I was just trying to get a head start by getting the bodies.
Which reminds me we still need one more.
JoeSharp
Bump for one more body.
Gustl
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Aug 14 2008, 09:20 PM) *

Bump for one more body.

I have one, but I'm afraid the current conversion ration and shipping fees would kill the deal ... ?

Gustl
JoeSharp
Wolf: Figure out what it cost and PM me and I'll deside. I would love to have the prize for Best Of Show come from you. I once stole Joe O's WCC 05 hat, had Meng take it to Singapor and mail it back to him. Soo.. I think it would be apprapo.
JoeSharp
I have all 3 bodies now, thanks to

gd914
djm914
and Gustl.
I will mail out the checks today except for Gustl's, have to figure out how to pay him for it.
JoeSharp
This is wounderful. We have the 3 car bodies that I wanted. /L. Linda Horne is going to send Gustl his money. djm914, David is gonig to paint them and already has one of the bodies.
Sooo... I only have 2 problems
I need the address of Eric Shea and David so I can make the other payments and have the car bodies shipped to David.
Once again I would like to send everyone a BIG THANK YOU for all the help in this.
djm914-6
QUOTE(Gustl @ Aug 11 2008, 06:21 PM) *

Wes, these cars are 471. I'll post some pic after I get home.
let me help you out biggrin.gif

Gustl, that car looks very familiar. biggrin.gif

Joe Sharp, PM sent.
JoeSharp
David: I forwarded your address to Gustl.
I loved your reply and the idea of the rusty teener. Made me think I need another one for the car that need the most improvment. We'll see this Saturday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.