Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VPC/DPD AC Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A&PGirl
The AC system appears to be VPC with all of the components. Apparently, the AC worked within the last five years before the car had an unfortunate meeting with a deer. The owner sold the car to Rennsport (in town) in the last several months and we snapped it up. Or as I call it, we bought the transmission and a running car came with it.

The two control dials on the AC vents do not appear to do anything. Any suggestions where to start troubleshooting would be appreciated.

SirAndy
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Aug 10 2008, 11:25 AM) *

The two control dials on the AC vents do not appear to do anything. Any suggestions where to start troubleshooting would be appreciated.

The AC was dealer installed, so there's no way of telling how it was wired ...

I'd start by looking at the fuse block to see if they spliced power from there ...
smash.gif Andy
ejm
The last two a/c harnesses I removed had main power tapped off the battery thru a circuit breaker and switched power tapped in at the center console wiring. You can find wiring diagrams in the installation manuals on Bowlsby's rare documents page.
904svo
Be carefull you may have pulled off the wires from inside the dash unit. You will
have to take it apart to fix. Had this problem with the unit I installed in my car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.