Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carlsen's GGR Concours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
Went to the GGR Carlsen's concours today to get a Porsche fix. I didn't take many pictures of the beautiful cars there but was really excited to use TRG's side of their truck for a back drop for picutres of my car and my wife's car. Started a trend as other cars started to do the same as we were leaving. I think my wife and I will compete for who gets their car set as the wall paper on the computer desktop at home.
carreraguy
Hi Michael! Didn't see you! Cool idea for pics in front of the TRG hauler!
Not a huge showing but some very nice ones for sure.
Got a chance to meet Johannes van Overbeek, one of the Flying Lizard GT-2 drivers; he was recently awarded the "Porsche Cup" for points received during the past year driving a Porsche, one of three US drivers to receive it since 1970. Just holding the Cup was a cool experience; lots of history there!
Later,
Click to view attachment
type47
which one is van Overbeek? biggrin.gif
carreraguy
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 11 2008, 09:47 AM) *

which one is van Overbeek? biggrin.gif

Funnnny! Wish I could say its the overweight gray-haired dude! biggrin.gif

I was just a little surprised how tall Johannes is - about 6'1 or 6'2. He's a very nice, humble guy and very approachable. I definitely wish him the best.
MartyYeoman
Tom,
What kind of response did you get to your 914?
Marty
Michael N
Tom's new orange stripe down the side of his blue car looked fantastic.
carreraguy
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Aug 11 2008, 01:09 PM) *

Tom,
What kind of response did you get to your 914?
Marty

Surprisingly, it was the only 914 there, but it got a lot of interest - even from van Overbeek. Since I was judging too I couldn't talk to everyone, but all that I did talk to said that the conversion made a lot of sense from a performance/handling standpoint and said they'd like to try it out. For sure the color/trim definitely got a lot of attention and uniformly positive feedback.
Later,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.