Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I need AA!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
klikkid3
Hey all, so I am looking at picking up some parts from the Auto Atlanta catalog because people on ebay seem to be out of their minds right now but I have seen alot of negativity against AA mad.gif in this forum. Would just be asking for it if I buy product from them? What are your thoughts?
mack914-6
I have placed 3 orders with them over the years for my 914-6 conversion and Boxster. The wiper motor for the Boxster was the best price when shopping around. Nothing bad to say about them. There will also be pros and cons to any supplier.
Mack driving.gif
jsayre914
I Like George smile.gif

just be very specific when you order your parts, and make sure you tell em if you swapped engines or exaust parts, or anything eles unique to your car.
scotty b
Please use your search function and let this thread die.

AA threads NEVER go well.
Joe Owensby
I have bought a lot of parts from them over the years. They have a lot of things that other vendors don't. Some prices may be a higher. For example, if you find something direct from a "914 world" member vendor and then compare price to the same or similar item from AA, it will usually be a little more expensive at AA. But, we should expect them to make a few dollars for each and every item that they resell- as would anyone who expects to stay in business. I have had good service from AA, but I also buy stuff from other vendors. I love the new catalog. JoeO
736conver
QUOTE(klikkid3 @ Aug 10 2008, 04:53 PM) *

Hey all, so I am looking at picking up some parts from the Auto Atlanta catalog because people on ebay seem to be out of their minds right now but I have seen alot of negativity against AA mad.gif in this forum. Would just be asking for it if I buy product from them? What are your thoughts?

Tell us what your looking for and maybe we can help.
mack914-6
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 10 2008, 06:20 PM) *

That's because everyone is negative. Yes, their catalog is wonderful.
klikkid3
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 10 2008, 03:20 PM) *

Well thats a good suggestion if I wanted to go off opinions about a year and a half old, I figured their might be a few more customers since than. biggrin.gif
klikkid3
QUOTE(736conver @ Aug 10 2008, 03:43 PM) *

QUOTE(klikkid3 @ Aug 10 2008, 04:53 PM) *

Tell us what your looking for and maybe we can help.

Well nothing big I would diffinately consult the forum in detail before pruchasing major parts, I was looking at window seals, front turn signal seals, rear license plate light just little things like that.
sww914
I got an order from them a couple of weeks ago. No problems at all.
stateofidleness
recent purchaser and was a great experience.
ONLY thing is, they were out of stock on a part i ordered and there was no notification, it just didn't come in the package (wasn't charged). so maybe an out-of-stock notifier or somethin.. but very good experience nonetheless!
tod914
George special ordered a set of Beru wires for my 74. Hard to find the
originals. Most vendors would tell you they don't carry them. Thanks George. Some of the orders do come in piece meal, so you might want
to ask them to hold the order until all parts arrive if you want to save
a couple bucks on shipping. But I'm sure a lot of vendors work that way in
order to get the majority of you parts out in a timely manner.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(klikkid3 @ Aug 10 2008, 03:46 PM) *

Well thats a good suggestion if I wanted to go off opinions about a year and a half old, I figured their might be a few more customers since than. biggrin.gif

What's a year and a half out of 20+ years? The Cap'n
orthobiz
Answer to your original question:

nothing is wrong with AA.

Paul
klikkid3
Sounds like the recent transactions have all went well for the most part. Alot of the older threads didnt put AA in the most positive light but maybe they got wind of these neagtives and turned things around, thanks all again.
Wes V
They cost more than some others, but then they have a large inventory.

The one thing I would say about them applies to just about any company like this;

Before I place an order, I make the individual taking the order actually place their hands on the item.

I've had them, and others, say that an item is in stock, when it isn't.

Wes Vann
t collins
I haven't had any problems with AA in the past and I have every intention of ordering from them again in the future.
VaccaRabite
I've ordered a bunch of parts from them in the past 2 years. I've had 1 or 2 issues, which were resolved with a phone call. Some of thier stuff is more expensive, some of it is less expensive. They have stuff that no one else seems to, and are making a continuing effort to provide hard to find parts for our cars.

I have bought about 90% of the parts for my car between AA, Pelican, and the member vendors here.

Zach
auerbach
I trust George and his AA staff more than any mechanic who ever touched any of my cars. They have been a pleasure to deal with.
DarrenG
Better selection than anyone else; prices are a bit higher on some items - but not unusual for a specialty store.

I call when I need to place an order. Seems like less confusion that way.

Kudos to George. (and buy his book).

boxstr
George has worked hard, to make the shopping experience at AA much better than it may have been in the past when the negative replies were rolling in.
You are going to have issues with any parts supplier. That is just the way it is.
Shop at AA and let us know how the experience went when it is over.
CCLINSHOPTILLYOUDROP
IronHillRestorations
As with any parts supplier, you need to ask when your order will be shipped, if back ordered does it get shipped free, and when will they charge your card.

I personally avoid vendors that immediately charge your card, regardless if the item is in stock. I also feel it's unfair if they can't ship complete, and charge you a second shipping fee, if they don't have items in stock. I don't know how this applies to AA though.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I thank everyone for their candid comments. Please if you EVER have a problem with our service, call me PERSONALLY:

770 427 2844 ext 16
404 308 5652 mobile
770 971 4960 home.

Upcoming: Factory 914 carpet in the original charcoal
In Stock 914-6 repro emblems
About to launch: The brand now 350 page 924/944 catalog (those guys need a good catalog as well!)
xperu
I have ordered new and used parts from AA and never had any issuse, I have called AA and talked to George about technical questions and he is always helpful and even helped me step by step while in the process of pulling my engine. Mike
ericread
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 10 2008, 07:07 PM) *

I've ordered a bunch of parts from them in the past 2 years. I've had 1 or 2 issues, which were resolved with a phone call. Some of thier stuff is more expensive, some of it is less expensive. They have stuff that no one else seems to, and are making a continuing effort to provide hard to find parts for our cars.

I have bought about 90% of the parts for my car between AA, Pelican, and the member vendors here.

Zach

agree.gif

The two times I thought I had an issue with AA I spoke to George whom guided me through the parts list and showed me he had shipped the correct parts. The misunderstanding was that the PO had used incorrect parts, which didn't look like the parts AA provided laugh.gif

George and his sales team have been really helpful. And the new AA catalog is exceptional.

I can't speak for others, but if I have a problem with vendor, I speak with them. I have not had any unresolvable problems with any vendors in the past two years.

Eric Read
Joe Bob
I've only just started ordering from them since my local vendor and friend passed away. The owner's manual off of eBay was as represented and a fair price. I have a pending order that is one the way....
djm914-6
I needed a few quick items for my car so I decided to give AA a try despite all of the bad press. The order went just fine. I was actually impressed with the manor of the guy on the other end of the phone. He was pleasant and made sure we had the correct parts ordered for my six before finalizing the order. So far so good.

strawman
They've been great to work with, and their catalog is a great resource. We should be thankful that companies like AA are around to help us keep our teeners on the road!
klikkid3
Wow this one really took off, George let me know when I should expect the 2.0L motor and a set of Fuch's to arrive because of all this great advertising laugh.gif . Placed my order last night, its a small one so we'll see how it goes. Thank you all again for the input, I love how active this community is, the Avalanche club I was apart of wasnt half as active as this.
klikkid3
Well I recieved the order I placed and there was good news and bad news. Good was that it was shipped out quickly and the parts were great quality, bad news was the cost to ship and that 1 out of 3 parts I ordered were correct. Now that one was probably my fault because I should have called to verify I was choosing the correct parts off of the website diagram. I ordered the wrong heater hose and the wrong door switch, didnt know there were two types dry.gif . So all and all I would use them again just call and verify.
stephenaki
I have only had positive experiences with AA and the one time I called to clarify what I needed, George's staff was exemplary in ensuring they got the order right.

I will continue to use them for future purchases.
So.Cal.914
I think I need AA!, Whats wrong with Auto Atlanta?

I have been getting parts from George sense 83-84? If you consider how often

humans "Goof Up" Once, in all those years is not bad. smile.gif Of course having said

that my Next Order won't show for 6 months...At my last address. dry.gif

sean_v8_914
I drop tons of dough with George, never a problem. I read about some problems. I even heard first hand of a few issues but the service has always been top notch for me. I can only speculate that something was off kilter for a bit but that was several years ago...a thing of the past. call him and place your order.

...oh yeah, his 701 tech tips is a MUST have for any DIY 914 enthusiast
sean_v8_914
...its more like 2001 tech tips, he stops numbering them after 700 or so. I keep a few in stock at teh shop.
william harris
Over the years I have purchased lots of stuff from AA - from NOS still in the sealed box seat belts to NOS impossible to find 914 visors in like new condition (and yes these parts were expensive but I knew that and got exactly what I was told I could get). This is in addition to reproduction steel rockers covers (when my other vendor failed to deliver and my car was sitting in a paint booth waiting for the parts), brushed aluminum door thresholds, etc. etc. I have never had any problem, always got the part ordered and George has personally gone out of his way to help me (including offering to bring parts from GA to Pennsylvania for the Carlisle meet). In conclusion I will say that George has done more for the 914 community than any other person I know and I would not hestiate to call him for any need for either my 914 or Boxster.
jonferns
Looking forward to those charcoal carpets, any idea when they will be in? and pricing?
minndodger
The order I placed with AA shipped out in a timely manner. I am very happy with their service.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Aug 20 2008, 11:55 AM) *

Looking forward to those charcoal carpets, any idea when they will be in? and pricing?

I am very pleased that they are making exact factory look carpet for us in China. i committed to 10 rolls at 2000 a roll so we will have PLENTY for our cars for a while. I am also going to have it die cut for perfect fit every time. It is exactly the same as all of the 71-early 74 cars with charcoal carpeting. We already have great stuff for the felt/perlon from the 70 models and also great stuff for the 74.5-76 what we call tweed loop. We even have the exact stuff that Porsche put in the 916!
bandjoey
sad.gif Glad people are having a good time with AA. I was turned off becaused of a shipping backorder experience. Needed a part really bad and paid for 1 day delivery, to come in on Friday. AA told me the part was in stock. When the box arrived, my part was backordered, but I got the $20 parts::sad.gif Had to call the bird and pay $75 for 1day Saturday delivery and paid more for the part (sorry Clay, I tried Zim's first, and they were out) , and didn't get any positive help from AA when I called to complain and cancel the backorder. Just my 1cent worth. Bill
So.Cal.914
hanged.gif
pfierb
[size=7]

Needed CV joints last year called AA...George answered the phone said he had them stock sent them out right away...Sent my old ones back core charge refunded at once.Good experience and fair price.
slackin' at work
my personal experience:

Ive placed about 5 hefty-sized orders in the last year or so and have not once received an order that was correct. either missing something (even though it's on the invoice as shipped) or paid for the OEM version and was shipped the cheap version.

come to think of it Im still out a bunch of money. last email I sent went unanswered.
I need to get back on this. headbang.gif

Ive since bought lots of parts other places. paid more, but actually got the parts I wanted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.