Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Temp Sender Wire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
Anyone know if the temp sensor wire that connects to the sender is still available from Porsche or one of the usual online resources? If so, which one?
Thanks,
Kev
type47
??? there's nothing special about the wire. why not just run an 18 ga wire with solder or crimp on spade connectors? to me, a "temperature sensor wire" sounds like the wire from the taco plate to the connector under the battery.
914Sixer
Nothing special, like Jim said. Just run the wire and plug it into the main harness. It drops off in the console location. If you are using a combo guage in dash, you will have to run an additonal wire up to the dash. Plug into the G on guage. You will need jumpers for the ground and positive.
kconway
That's the one, in the engine compartment. Just wanted one with the plastic sheath like the original. Don't have the proper crimp tool for the automotive quality connectors. I know, I'm being anal but I hate chasing electrical problems and hate even worse the poor quality crimp style connectors available locally.
Kev

QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 10 2008, 09:30 PM) *

??? there's nothing special about the wire. why not just run an 18 ga wire with solder or crimp on spade connectors? to me, a "temperature sensor wire" sounds like the wire from the taco plate to the connector under the battery.

type47
i don't have a real crimp tool either, just a pair of pliers. i understand the want for the sheathing but you can easily fab a wire.
davep
Get Bowlsby to make one for you. The original has steel tabs on it for securing to the engine.
blitZ
You can use shrink tubing to make your own sheath.
SirAndy
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 10 2008, 09:30 PM) *

there's nothing special about the wire.

Well, that's not entirely true ...

How about those of us who actually like to use the correct color coding on their wires?
shades.gif Andy
JeffBowlsby
I have them in stock, in the correct color coding and sheathing. See my website at the link below or email me. You will need to attach your metal brackets from the original wire.

smile.gif
kconway
Jeff,
I sent a PM.
Thanks,
Kev

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 11 2008, 03:38 PM) *

I have them in stock, in the correct color coding and sheathing. See my website at the link below or email me. You will need to attach your metal brackets from the original wire.

smile.gif

McMark
Well, that's not entirely true ...

How about those of us who actually like to use the correct color coding on their wires?

Green 18 gauge wire, black Sharpie. cool.gif I make them for almost every engine I build.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.