Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Coldest Ever in Indy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
This is the coldest temperature on record here in Indy. Previous low was -8 in 1936. I know a lot of you folks have some much, much colder temps to deal with, but DAMN, this is cold stuff!

Global warming-my buttcrack!
DNHunt
Hang on Sean. Wait a little bit and you can have your buttcrack exclaim the next iceage.

Dave
GWN7
For a frozen butt crack, it is best to warm it slowly. By the ingestation of large quantys of Tequila or Rum. Apply them internally. Over several hours. Go to sleep and when you wake it will be warmer out. laugh.gif
jnp914
I feel your pain.

I have a house in Las Vegas half constructed, and I am stuck in St Louis colder than a popsicle. My truck is in the driveway looking like an iceberg.

Winter sux.
fiid
Vegas Babay!
laugh.gif
GaroldShaffer
Well we got out the suntan lotion up here in NW Indiana. wink.gif Got to +8 today and no new snow today clap56.gif .

I like winter but this 0 to -10 bs.gif sucks!

- Garold
Bruce Allert
Hmmmmm... idea.gif and I was bitchin about it being 36. I wit'cha tho, I hate winter & hate the cold mad.gif

........b
FlatSix
We even had snow in England this past week. It's warmed up now though with temperatures in the low 50's. cool_shades.gif
mike_the_man
I can't feel too sory for ya. On Wednesday, Saskatchewan was the coldest place on the planet. Around -45C (-49F). The battery on my Audi froze solid, had to buy a new one on the weekend. Now thats cold. Oh ya, there was a wind too!

Fun stuff!
jnp914
Ya know, Mike, there was a reason eons ago that those Bering Straight migrants kept heading SOUTH burnout.gif
mike_the_man
I know what you mean. I'm thinking south sounds pretty good. Hopefully in a few years.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Mike; I will NEVER bitch about the cold weather here again. Dave smilie_flagge6.gif
You make me feel like I live in the Tropics!!!!!!!!!!
mike_the_man
Another fun fact. Apparently oil freezes at -45. I was out in the shed rooting around for an extension cord, and I happened to pick up a jug of oil. It was frozen solid. Kind of a scary thought, isn't it?
jnp914
Ah yes!

Sounds like the perfect start to a synthetic oil thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.