Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTS Seats/914 bucket seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
callmeracerx
Folks-
I am reposting on the same topic a few weeks ago-- I got an original 914-6 that want to keep as original as possible, but would like to have a 5 pt racing seat (instead of the Sparco I currently have on it).

Anyone has had any experience (good or bad) about the 914 bucket seats made by GTS?

I need to have the 5 point belt configuration, so the sub-belt groove must be in the seat per our San Diego regulations--so the sebring or lemans are my choices.

Can the seats easily be fitted to use the existing 914 rails?
any advise putting the driver seat onto the 914-6? will it fit with the first gear being down and left?

will my feet have to change the angle that I currently seat at?

Will the seat height be different than the current 914 seat?

I like the looks and the workmanship--I just need to make sure I prepare for making any adjustments if needed.

Let me know your experiences/advise/thoughts/pros/cons?
Maybe, should I modify my existing 914 seat ?
JWest
I have the LeMans seats - fit right in and are great. No issues.
callmeracerx
thanks for the response!!!
GaroldShaffer
Me too. I have the Lemans GTS seats. Are you planning to do PCA DE events? if so you will need seats with shoulder guides. That might be an issue with the Lemans seats. They have a bracket that mounts to the back for shoulder straps that you can get, but I could not get a definite answer from PCA if they will pass there new regs.

The seat height will be just a little higher, but no other "issues" that I seen. I AX my 70 914 every chance I get and LOVE these seats!

YMMV

Garold
boxstr
The LeMans seat is an easy bolt in by changing the seat rails and slide it in place.
CCLINSEATINGFORONE
PRS914-6
I have the Nurburgring seats with heat. They are not a bolt in deal but I used 911 ball bearing sliders anyway. They are a little larger for those who don't have a skinny ass...I also cut the headrests down so they look a little more correct for the car.
Click to view attachment
callmeracerx
very well---seems that either the Nurinberg or the lemans are good fits.

I do not see the big difference between both seats ..... under/quad support? is this the difference?

but both should be a straight fit.
PRS914-6
The Nurburgring is a wider seat and will also sit you a little higher. Not good if you are tall. If you have a bigger girth, the Nurburgring is probably the better choice but more work to install. If you are normal size, the LeMans is the easier install.

Click to view attachment
nein14
I have the GTS Rallye ST seats in my Turbo GT combination of the factory 914 track base and the GTS sliders with no rear pad, carpeted firewall.
callmeracerx
I like the looks!!

too many choices!! I may have to go to their local representative and see them real time---

did I get it right--you got a " Turbo GT-914???" ouch!!! send me more pics of your baby! this got to be a rocket!
what is the displacement? aktion035.gif

there are so many awesome 914 versions around this website!!!

anyone wanting to send pics of your car, I would love to see more!!!

my email address is acfez@msn.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.