Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driver door adjustments.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
OK, Blondie's driver side door opens nicely from the outside....but inside it needs a bit of a push. I know about the problem with a too long screw on the inside door handle cover...that isn't it....

Any other suggestions?

It's amazing how much stuff gets screwed up when ya take a car apart....

BTW....the flake cited the fact that the battery tray was not repainted as the reason for not buying Blondie.....what a wuss. bootyshake.gif
rhodyguy
when the buyers wife told him "no way" he had to find a resonable way out. get some color match and bomb it. then tell him it's ready to go.

kevin
Joe Bob
The guy expected the paint job to be a rotisserie type......gimmeafuckinbreak.....Yeah, I'll do that and keep the mofo..... some people.......

To duplicate a 914/6 of this nature would cost him 25 to 30K easily. Weasel dick thinks his 16K will get him something that he can show his left turn only friends and say....look whut this crazy Kaleefornie guy did......
J P Stein
What did a carp ever do to you?cool_shades.gif
Joe Bob
Whut's a carp? A bottom feeding fish???

Dudn't even barbeque gud....
DNHunt
By the looks of your cat I bet he'd love it raw.

Dave
SirAndy
ok, is it the door itself that is stuck or is it the opening mechanism?

as for the mechanism, i had a bent "receiver plate" on the door handle cluster (where the rod from the inside door handle connects to) and that caused it sometimes to be stuck and not open at all or only with some force.

as for the door itself, if the glass is too close to the rubber seal in the back, the door can feel stuck when the window is rolled up all the way. this will go away when you roll down the windo, so that's a easy test.

Andy
Joe Bob
Ah'll jest let the experts figure it out at Dunk's..... wink.gif
tod914
Try adjusting the striker plate. I assume you had that off when the car was painted. Make it slightly loose. Close the door, open, then tighten. New rubber seals can also cause a problem.
Neal
I looked at your other post about Blondie, the guy was a Weasel Dick. The car is beautiful and if he new anything about restoration and 6 conversions he should have jumped on this car. The last time I opened my trunk I did not inspect the paint on my Battery tray.

Neal
seanery
I've got a helluva lot more money than that in the blue car and the battery tray hasn't been painted.

Oh, wait, it was removed! laugh.gif
campbellcj
A carp even Z could like...

IPB Image
racerx9146
i have seen a few where the rotating arm (door side) that hits the striker plate get stiff to turn, even lube does not help. easy check is to open door and try to turn arm by hand, release with door handle and try again. It should be easy to turn the arm and latch by hand, if not.. replace or tweak.

John

Hey Mike, dont know if you remember me but you bought that 2.5 4 cyl motor kit from me years ago in Sac, did you ever run it?
trojanhorsepower
Racerx9146

Finally a photo with a naked chick rolleyes.gif and a 914. We may may yet equal the bug guys!
Sammy
Gud plan Mikey, let me stay up all night, drink more beer than I should, then let me adjust your door for you.
Oh wait, you said experts. never mind smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.