Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing Carpet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hitbyastick
Hello,
I'm getting ready to install the carpet I got from morph into the car. Can anyone tell me where it's glued and where it's not? I can't tell by the old junk that came out of it.

Thanks,
Chris
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(hitbyastick @ Aug 11 2008, 03:25 PM) *

Hello,
I'm getting ready to install the carpet I got from morph into the car. Can anyone tell me where it's glued and where it's not? I can't tell by the old junk that came out of it.

Thanks,
Chris
\

rockers, left wheel house, rectangular piece behind the wooden pedal board, pass bulkhead only the rest lays in the car we use spray trim adhesive
TravisNeff
Door sills, front bulkhead (driver & passenger), the rest is not glued. Use 3M super 77 adhesive, spray & wait till tacky then apply.

The only tricky part is the driver side sill with the ebrake depression - you'll need to stretch the carpet to press in and I would recomend you spray both the sill and the carpet and wait until really tacky then apply.
hitbyastick
Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I needed to know smile.gif
tod914
You really don't need to glue it in. The side pieces are held in by the threshold plate
screws. The front side pieces are secured by the speakers. Easier to get out in case
you need to clean them.
rjames
You really don't need to glue it in. The side pieces are held in by the threshold plate
screws. The front side pieces are secured by the speakers. Easier to get out in case
you need to clean them.

agree.gif
hitbyastick
QUOTE(rjames @ Aug 11 2008, 04:21 PM) *

you need to clean them.

agree.gif

Does the threshold plate grab the door seal as well?
boxstr
I agree, don't glue anymore than you need to. The threshold plate will enough to hold the side carpet in place. The plate also fits over the seal.
CCLINCARPETERIA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.