Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to get Buzzed and Lit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
klikkid3
I took on my door switches this weekend and I have a question for you all, how does the normal door switch work? Does the dome light come on when the door is opened regardless if the key is in the ignition or not and, is the buzzer only supposed to sound when there is a key in the ignition? As of right now the light and buzzer only come on with the key in place and the passenger switch was only having the dome light come on without a buzz well that is before I accidently snapped the posts off of it (its on order now). Just wondering.
SGB
Light should come on with either door. I've never had a working buzzer...
AvalonFal
I don't know about the buzzer (mine is disconnected), but the interior dome light should be always powered and be switched on when the doors are opened with or without the key in the ignition. The light should have a switch on it that allows you to manually operate it (always on; always off; or controlled by door switches).

Paul
blitZ
Bear in mind the button switches in the door, switch the ground as does the toggle switch on the light. The power is continuous.
markb
The buzzer on my old 71 came on whenever the door was open, whether the key was in the ignition or not.
TravisNeff
as far as I know the buzzer only went on with the key in the ignition, I have since disabled that.
klikkid3
Ok I must have something backwards than. I could see why alot of people disconnect that buzzer, reminds me of the Dumb and Dumber scene with the most irritating sound in the world bit by Jim Carrey. Although I have managed to lock my keys in my car twice since I got it so maybe the buzzer is a good thing for me.
orthobiz
Buzzer? What Buzzer?

Paul
orthobiz
Oh, and leave the light in the backwall in the center "always off" position lest yet another light become burnt and warped in the middle!

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.