Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 picked up tonight and off to Brazil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Was tough to let her go. Had the car for 7 1/2 years. A lot of hard work went into it. I'm sure the new owner will be quite happy when it arrives.
SirAndy
QUOTE(tod914 @ Aug 11 2008, 03:19 PM) *

Was tough to let her go. Had the car for 7 1/2 years. A lot of hard work went into it. I'm sure the new owner will be quite happy when it arrives.

he didn't pay by money order, did he?

idea.gif Andy
tod914
Brazil not Nigeria Andy tongue.gif. Set up a checking account and had the money
wire transfered like everyone suggested. Smooth and fast transaction.
Also learned I need to have the title notarized so it get through US customs.
Was a good learning experience thanks to members on the board.
jimkelly
that is gonna be one happy brazilain.

maybe i need to sell mine south of the border ??
PeeGreen 914
You're a brave man. I hope everything works well for you. You're not getting out of 914s now are you? You know we have rules about that biggrin.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tod914 @ Aug 11 2008, 05:19 PM) *

Todd,
I'm sure the new owner will be thrilled!

Sorry to see it go, but know that you have something even better.

Keep us informed!
Pat
davep
The new owner has to join here, right?
Not the only one in Brazil.
tod914
Will definetly introduce him to the club. He said he will take some shots of the car
once it gets home and forward them. I'll post them in here. Can't be too many
914's running around down there.
The white car was replaced with silver 74 2.0. So, still have one to zip around in.
Was tempted on trying something British. But, after talking with a few people about E types, think I'll stay with P cars for a while. The coupes seems reasonably priced but was my impression a constant headache if they have the old wiring still in. I'll have to get Andy all the vin info and such from the new one when I have a bit more free time.
VaccaRabite
I'm really glad everyhting worked out for you!

Zach
DBCooper
Lots of different kinds of T1's, but they never had the VW T4 motor in Brazil. You can tell him that we have at least two Portuguese speakers here, if he needs that kind of help with anything.
turboman808
QUOTE(tod914 @ Aug 12 2008, 08:02 AM) *

Was tempted on trying something British. But, after talking with a few people about E types, think I'll stay with P cars for a while. The coupes seems reasonably priced but was my impression a constant headache if they have the old wiring still in.

There are a few car companies in the UK that are authorized by Jaguar to make replica cars. I am just waiting for the economy to turn around and the dollar gain some value and I might pull the plug on a D type replica. Comes with modern electronics thank god.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.