Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how spontaneous can you guys be...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
craig and i discussed a drive up to mt. saint helens to shake out the cars before the BIG drive to california. if the long range forecast gave us a nice weekend in march/early april are there members that could/would jump in the car and show up? the drive up to the mountain is the finest dead end road i have ever been on, and the johnson observation center is fantastic. this would be a very unorganized deal, just show and go.

kevin
DNHunt
That a big Maybe. Sounds like a great idea, just don't know about the schedule.

Dave
Eddie914
How about a short drive to Gig Harbor to Mark Seiferth's place?

I'll be there with the project 914/6 2.7 in the afternoon.

I've got to be in the office until about noon in Seattle.

Should be lots of other gearheads having a project day doing bushing replacements on our BMWs.

4103 81st ave ct nw
Gig Harbor, WA 98335

Ed Kielbon

206-755-1301 ©
rhodyguy
a very informal deal dave. i may drive to the habor, say 2 ish? the silver car loaded up badly on the 2 hour 15 minute drive home from fordahls. i put some high rev miles on it last weekend and it seemed to clear out.

kevin
rhodyguy
wow, the shop is real close to dave's place. map quest is so crappy. it says to turn right on 81st. is it a new road on the right side? it's not shown on my old thomas guide.

kevin
Porsche Rescue
St. Helens drive on a nice spring day (cold OK, rain NOT) is a go for me. Might even talk wife into going along.
Porsche Rescue
As an aside, I've been holding on to an article from local paper on a covered bridge "tour" in the Willamette valley. Hope to try it this year. If it is a good 914 trip I will attempt to organize a summer/fall gathering. Probably be a BYO picnic kind of deal.
seanery
(threadjack) Did you guys see the pics of the semi that wrecked over a gorge yesterday in WA? It was pretty amazing footage.
scotty
Yeah...the driver was lucky it was a west wind (blowing him off to the left instead of to the right)!

St. Helens drive on a nice spring day (cold OK, rain NOT) is a go for me. Might even talk wife into going along.
Good for me too...Sunday is better than Saturday.
Bleyseng
Yes, (to Seanerys post) that was amazing and shit it was windy the other day!

I can't make to GigHarbor today, busy with work stuff.

I will try to make it to the Mt St Helens trip depending on what day it ends up.

Geoff
J P Stein
That's a neat road. The bad news is that the WSP patrols it as if they were expecting Osama Bin Laundry to take the drive.
It goes up to 3600 feet or so. Snow in April is not uncommon.....I hates cold. The last week in July is much nicer wink.gif
rhodyguy
that semi was dangling 190 ft up, old 2 lane bridge. heavy side winds. how about the guy in the white pickup. get in a head on with a semi or potentialy drive off the bridge? tough choise. that bridge and 2 ferry landings are the only way off whidbey island. jp, does the toyota not have a heater? we don't have to drive like we are looking to get tickets.

kevin
zehrschnell914
I've never been to Mt St Helens, but both Amber and I would love to go depending on the weather and my schedule. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.