Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 South Sounders on HWY 16, Kevin?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rocky
Ok I know I work way too much... Im ridin my bike (bicycle) over the Narrows going home between 4:30 and 5:00pm and I see a silver teener getting off on Jackson st. from E bound 16 and dude looks like Kevin. I wave but I just look like some dork on a bike so "dude" wont recognize me. I carry on going W bound and another silver teener goes by... I point at the "other dude" and wave, he waves back like im a dork, guess I am under the circumstances. Point is, nice day, Im workin and they aint!!!!! headbang.gif

Apparently Im Moron Monday???

Arrrg! idea.gif beer3.gif
HeloMech
When you ride over the narrows bridge, can you see down through the grates like when you drive over in the lanes? I bet that would have been a crazy ride back when galloping gerty got her name in those winds! lol.

I used to do alot of diving up there. Used to live in Shelton for a while. Would dive at least every weekend and typically a couple of night dives during the week.

sad.gif I miss that area.
Rocky
We got the new bridge about a year ago Robert, nothing to see through all solid! It was a 10 day with light wind, 74deg with unlimited visibility. Ive dove in the past here and there are massive octipus below the bridge.
championgt1
Was not Kevin. His car is currently under repair. Kevin and I have to get our cars going.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Rocky @ Aug 11 2008, 09:22 PM) *

We got the new bridge about a year ago Robert, nothing to see through all solid! It was a 10 day with light wind, 74deg with unlimited visibility. Ive dove in the past here and there are massive octipus below the bridge.

Really? I have always wanted to take a diving class and dive in that area. I have heard there is some cool stuff down there but you end up a mile or so from where you start.
6freak
QUOTE(Rocky @ Aug 11 2008, 09:22 PM) *

Monster quest is doing a show wednesday on the giant octipus under the bridge..I think its the history channel ...Channel 51for me on the click network
effutuo101
was one of the silver cars flared? It might have been Jon (rockin old school) he lives in that area.
ericread
I think I rode that bridgfe a few years ago in the STP (Seattle to Portland) bicycle tour. The bridges over the Columbia river have enoormous joints which you jump.

The STP limits participants to the first 10,000 registrants. It's a double-century ride, and most ride it in two days.

Eric Read
KELTY360
QUOTE(ericread @ Aug 12 2008, 12:17 PM) *

I think I rode that bridgfe a few years ago in the STP (Seattle to Portland) bicycle tour. The bridges over the Columbia river have enoormous joints which you jump.

The STP limits participants to the first 10,000 registrants. It's a double-century ride, and most ride it in two days.

Eric Read

Different bridge. I think you're thinking of the one that crosses the Columbia at Longview and hooks up with Hwy 30 on the Oregon side. Steep, narrow, slick and windblown....hairy stuff.
ericread
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 12 2008, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(ericread @ Aug 12 2008, 12:17 PM) *

Eric Read

Different bridge. I think you're thinking of the one that crosses the Columbia at Longview and hooks up with Hwy 30 on the Oregon side. Narrow, slick and windblown....hairy stuff.

Yep - You're correct. Last time I rode it, it was raining like crazy and just as you noted, very slick. With about 1,000 to 1,500 other riders on the bridge at the same time, everybody jumps the joints. So you see this "ant stream" of riders that has several short areas that are raised - from hte jumping riders. Pretty amazing looking.

Eric
Rocky
Hmmm good timing on that show if I could pull myself away from the Olympics. cheer.gif
Both cars I saw were not flaired, I believe, although I only got a quick look at one. Whoever they were its nice to see two teeners in such a short span of time. Dude #1 had grey hair and sorta looked like Kevin. Goes to show the durability of these cars to see them still prevalent on the roads. driving-girl.gif driving.gif
rhodyguy
not me tim, wish i could say it was. i've seen what looks like a nice 73-74' in silver in the gh area on 16 in the past.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.