Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Specialized Langster Monaco
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
ok, shopping for a bike and I found the perfect porschegeek/bikeposer steed ever made.

Monaco

too bad its not for sale in the US
turboman808
HAHA I saw this post and was like WFT is a langster. Only langster I know is my track bike. So I click to see what special car is called a langster.

Have one of those but I didn't get that color scheme. That would have been cool.

If it's any consolation the langster has got to be the worst riding bike I own. The frame is so stiff you feel every single pebble on the road. I think it's made for 300 pound weight lifters to race on the track.
i love porsche
i do like that color scheme.

my fixie i have now is too small for me, so im looking to replace it by next summer probably, i initially wanted a langster...i liked the NYC version..

its an aluminum frame right? that would be stiff

i have a motobecane now, 4130, not as stiff...but nice..just too small

what would YOU suggest, nate?
toon1
A buddy of mine raced on the same team( for about 2 seasons) as the guy Specialized named the bike after.

He said he is a an amazing sprinter. Give him a wheel to follow and he would win just about every time.
brer
I put the bike in the catagory of short distance sprinter. Not a long haul nor a track bike, but something to bomb down to the pub on.
brer
I also looked at the Surly Steamroller which is steel.
nice looking frame.
turboman808
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Aug 12 2008, 12:14 PM) *

what would YOU suggest, nate?

That bike does look pretty small for you LOL
Do you want the track bike for regular riding or racing? The steam roller is a good every day bike. For racing I would personally get a bianchi pista concept.

I have really been starting to miss bicycle racing. I think 3 years is long enough and I am gonna get off my ass and start racing again next year. I got a group of guys I ride with starting in Febuary that are fast as hell. You in smile.gif

I think I need to get a new bike though.

i love porsche
im mainly racing mountainbikes, but i want to try some cyclocross, the fixie is for road riding mostly, but i would like to try out a velodrome one day, the closest one is in queens, right?
VaccaRabite
I have really been missing the distance rides my wife and I were doing last year training for the century. Once my ass got used to being in the saddle for so long, I used to love the buzz after a 60 or 70 mile ride.

I also loved the fact that I dropped 20 pounds over 2 months (and then put it all back on plus some extra when we stopped riding).

Next spring we will be able to start riding again. All the kiddie bike trailers say the kid has to be at least 1 year old before you strap them in.

I was doing the rides on a heavy ass $500 1999 Giant Iguana mountain bike with knobby tires on gravel paths. Was saving my road slicks for race day. I was slower then roadies, to be sure. Would average ~11 mph - but that was mainly because my wife rode really slow.

Zach
i love porsche
i want to start doing much longer rides. I have limited space right now, so i actually think i might get rid of the track bike, it is AWESOME for training, because it keeps you going, but you get worn out really quickly.
turboman808
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Aug 13 2008, 05:29 AM) *

but i would like to try out a velodrome one day, the closest one is in queens, right?

Yeah I used to live about half a mile from it. I only raced on it once. You got to be fearless to do that. Hang around there just a couple of times and you are guaranteed to see some people carried away in an ambulance. I will stick with the road.

The longest ride I have done is 500 miles. That's long enough for me. But if you are riding with a good bunch of people 120 miles on a saturday or sunday is alot of fun.
Wes V
You have to be kidding!

$880 and it's only a single speed!!

Just kidding. I've got a Merlin Extralight.

I live near the Encino Velodrome and have been on it. It's quite a trip.

Wes V
i love porsche
can you do 120 miles fixed?
toon1
When I was racing and training I was averaging 250 miles a week on the bike. 60 miles on a Fri. ride was nothing and a 70 to 90 mile ride on the W/E was a normal thing.

After about a year off the bike( to work on the teener, and a bit of cycling burnout), I rode a FLAT 40miles and it kicked my a$$. biggrin.gif

I'm back on the bike not with some consistancy and it feels good. I just bought a rack for the teener to be able to haul the bike and drive the teener at the same time.

AHHHHH, good times....gooood times
Wes V
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Aug 13 2008, 09:47 AM) *

Are you asking about riding a bike with a fixed rear hub, or the lack of child bearing capacity?

Wes
i love porsche
haha, with a fixed rear hub
turboman808
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Aug 13 2008, 08:47 AM) *

Don't see why not but I really don't want to. The Pine Barrens would be a good place to do this. Can't remember the gearing I have on mine but it's good for turning the cranks at around 80 rpm and cruising at 19-20. It's ok for going up hill but pretty bad for downhill.

Oh and call me a sissy I put a cyclocross brake on mine.
i love porsche
i actually just decided to get a surly cross check frame. ive been wanting to do cyclocross, but i dont want to get rid of a fixed gear, and the cross check can easily be set up fixed/ss

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.